Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I are exhausted looking for a cool riding jacket for her. She has an orange and black R6, and NOTHING she's finding matches or looks cool to her. I have to agree, nothing but boring, or butterflies and flowers, froofy stuff she doesn't like, and all black, pink, powder blue or purple. NONE of which she wants. We saw something super cool that was actually orange and black, but it was on some leatherjacketdesigns.com, and we had to search elsewhere to find it was in Pakistan. There's no info about them, where they are, nothing much on their site, and we're not taking the chance. There was one almost the same, and with CE armor on ebay...from Australia....UGH!

The choices for women are boring, we think. Anyone here have anything else to add? Suggestions? ANYthing here in the USA that's not cruiser style leathers? Even Vanson looks boring to her. She wants something to complement the colors of her bike...but just isn't finding anything.

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
It's a never ending quest/battle to find decent womens gear that fit properly. Welcome to the club.

I think there's a thread with links to places that have good selections, though it might be outdated. In the meantime, look here:

Women's Motorcycle Jackets - RevZilla

:edit - yeah, there's a stickied thread on the topic. Some of the links might still be good:
http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/women-riders/459-site-women-specific-gear-5.html

You might want to consider custom. I have a custom, perforated leather jacket that I love. I altered the template for their basic womens jacket it make it longer in the waist/hips and narrow at the wrists and a few other touches that I wanted, based on issues I've had with off the rack jackets.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We've tried Revzilla, and so many others. She doesn't like ANYthing much. I can't say I disagree, either. The only jacket I've found that I think is fantastic is the MotoLisa. But...again...she didn't like it much. We've looked at custom options...no one is making anything she wants. She found ONE design, and can't seem to get from a reputable place. Where did you get yours made?

I forwarded her that Bates Leather link. Looks like it's a possibility.

Thanks...

It's a never ending quest/battle to find decent womens gear that fit properly. Welcome to the club.

I think there's a thread with links to places that have good selections, though it might be outdated. In the meantime, look here:

Women's Motorcycle Jackets - RevZilla

:edit - yeah, there's a stickied thread on the topic. Some of the links might still be good:
http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/women-riders/459-site-women-specific-gear-5.html

You might want to consider custom. I have a custom, perforated leather jacket that I love. I altered the template for their basic womens jacket it make it longer in the waist/hips and narrow at the wrists and a few other touches that I wanted, based on issues I've had with off the rack jackets.

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
Mine was made by Syed: SYED Leathers

I printed out a template of one of their women's jacket and with the help of some whiteout and a pen created my own design, which they followed and produced the exact jacket I wanted, in every detail. Hard armor articulated back protector, longer in the hips, more defined waist, slender sleeve ends, zippered pockets, interior pockets, partially perforated, two tone leather. I also wanted a triple crescent design, so I found images for them to copy and they cut leather pieces in the colors I wanted and sewed those on the jacket. They were really good about doing whatever I wanted. It wasn't cheap, but I am still wearing that jacket now. It will probably last for the rest of my riding career.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts

I printed out a template of one of their women's jacket and with the help of some whiteout and a pen created my own design, which they followed and produced the exact jacket I wanted, in every detail. Hard armor articulated back protector, longer in the hips, more defined waist, slender sleeve ends, zippered pockets, interior pockets, partially perforated, two tone leather. I also wanted a triple crescent design, so I found images for them to copy and they cut leather pieces in the colors I wanted and sewed those on the jacket. They were really good about doing whatever I wanted. It wasn't cheap, but I am still wearing that jacket now. It will probably last for the rest of my riding career.
I see how it is. really showin off to those cops that pull ya over without puttin in too much effort eh. :laugh

No but really, it's a pain in the ass for me to get gear. much less you poor people. I pity women trying to find good stuff, really I do.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Another great idea! We came to the right place, I see. This is so cool...we've bookmarked both custom places, and we're going to be contacting them to get pricing and such. This is great. My taste in gear is that if it looks like Batman, Bane, Mass Effect, or Mad Max, I love it. She's much more specific in this way, and because of the colors of her R6, it's gotta match. I just love black...ha ha!

Thanks for the info!

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Orange and black? Try KTM.
I know, I'm reviving a dead thread lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts