Sport Bikes banner

Woman rider as a role model

1K views 28 replies 15 participants last post by  acalliste 
#1 ·
I was leaving Fed Ex a little girl was smiling at me as I walked to my bike. She was about 3 and sitting in her car seat. The mom told me that she loved motorcycles and when I said hi she grinned from ear to ear. I asked her if she wanted to see me ride and she shook her head really hard. So I put my helmet and gloves on telling her "I have to wear special clothes so I don't get a booboo". Her eyes didn't leave me for one second and as I took off She waved and was chattering non stop at her mom. One more reason to wear gear at all times. This little girl loves motorcycles and the mom told me that I was the very first women she had ever seen on a bike. Someday if she ever decides to ride, she will see herself as she has seen other women and remember all the women she had ever seen ride. If they wore gear, smiled freely and felt wonderful about their femininity maybe she will too. So while I won't wear pink, I will find gear that shows my curves as well as protecting my arse... just so those little girls can pick me out and know bikes aren't just for boys.

#27 ·
acalliste said:
I have gotten some funny reactions from the kids in my neighbor too. They are used to seeing me now, but at first they were so astounded! Esp a little boy a few doors down. He was very shy at first and would just peek around the corner at me, but now he makes a point to ride his little electric four-wheeler past me at every opportunity. You can read it on his face: "Look at me! I ride too!" :smilierr
This is the cutest story i have ever seen! AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

#28 ·
fizzygrrl said:
Not true, what they like is a women not too embarassed to get nakid in the light. Every white man I have ever dated loved my butt.

Good to know. I thought personally the girl's bottom was just enough to put a decent amount of curve in the backsides of her shorts...she had wide hips and those thick karate-kicking muscled legs, so maybe she was just feeling selfconscious in general. Also, even her father said she seemed to really want to belong to the 2-girl clique of the other 2 girls in the apartment, who were both slender and liked to go out and drink and party and flirt...while the one with the butt complex was an mechanical engineering straight a student and seemed to think it hard to go out there and have her own fun. Those girls didn't include her in anything unless it was to come pick them up in the dead of night cause they were drunk and couldn't find the car, yet she was always wishing to me that they would invite her somewhere.

:rolleyes And wondering how i was able to stand up to them. I said because I wasn't born a twin, and i have no sisters, so women don't frighten me. Plus i know how to get out there and explore and have my own fun.

Probly the only thing we all had in common was an obsession with sex and the city. So there was no fighting over the tv on Sundays. :D

I wonder how that girl is doing. Sorry for getting off topic, but I am reminded of her everytime this subject comes up, and i wish she was dating the guys you date.

#29 ·
Brownilus said:
This is the cutest story i have ever seen! AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!
He is the cutest little boy! It's going to be interesting watching as he grows up (provided me or his family doesn't move away).
As I said in another post somewhere on here, i can't help but think it's a positive influence for kids to see things like women riding. Who knows what some kids are taught to believe about women in general, and if it's not positive then any time they see something to contradict what they've been taught is another chance for them to develop a better outlook and attitude.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.