Sport Bikes banner

Woman rider as a role model

1K views 28 replies 15 participants last post by  acalliste 
karst said:
I love the guys out there who don't gawk at women, but give'm a thumbs up instead. And even more the ones who encourage the women in their lives to do whatever sport floats their boat, and have confidence in their abilty to handle it. (Okay, okay, a little gawking is fun)
Agreed!! :dblthumb A little respect and encouragement goes a long way.

Brownilus said:
if some teacher told my son girls are better at something than him, i'd be PISSED. Better to just say girls are just as good at it as boys...giving a kid a superiority or inferiority complex is never good, cause they might just take you seriously...
I agree totally. There should be an emphasis on equality rather then superiority. By no means do I think we should tell them girls are better, on the flip side we shouldn't be telling them that boys are better either. I think we need to "tone" down the image of women as portrayed by media to both boys and girls. Teach girls that they can do anything they set their minds too, teach boys that we aren't just objects.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.