Sport Bikes banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting my eyes chopped up with lazers in the morning... Hopefully I won't have to learn braille anytime soon... :)

·
Registered
444 Posts
Good luck to ya man. Just be careful with lookin in the mirror when it's done. You may finally understand what everyones been laughing at... :twofinger plz dont kick my ass hehe

·
All new kind of FAST!!
286 Posts
good luck... post up who you used and the results, what you think of the job they did, etc... diamond is thinking of getting her eyes done too...

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
Mike, you've got nothing to worry about. I had mine done last year in April. The procedure looks creepy but once you get in there your eyes are so numb you can't feel a thing...and then 10 minutes later you're done.

The worst part about it is the care that you have to take for the next couple of weeks. Sleeping with plastic type cups over your eyes, tons of eye drops, and no rubbing your eyes.

I do have one question...why did you choose to have it done now? When I had mine done, I told the doc that I rode a MC and he suggested that I not ride for a couple of weeks during the healing process. That's why I got mine done early last year.

·
Registered
832 Posts
I was thinking of having it done but I'm not to sure where to go. And how much this is going to cost. Let me know how it was and if you'd do it again if you had to Oh yeah good luck

·
Motorcycles are sexy!
826 Posts
snoflk said:
I was thinking of having it done but I'm not to sure where to go. And how much this is going to cost.
It can cost anywhere from $1000-3000+ to do both eyes. Normally you have to be over 25 years old with stabil vision. I just don't have the $$... I need a new car, and my dog needs about $1000 worth of medical care.

Good luck to you Joker! :eek:

·
rebel litre
3,748 Posts
even though i dno't know ya, good luck man, rectal er uh i mean(lol) lazer eye sergery
seems to be the "glasses" of choice nowadays.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Good luck to ya Mike. Tony got his eyes done last year and has said that it's the best thing he has ever done.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Good luck Mike, hopefully recovery won't be long and rough.......I'll pray for ya man! LOL

·
Jerk
990 Posts
Jer said:
Good luck to ya man. Just be careful with lookin in the mirror when it's done. You may finally understand what everyones been laughing at... :twofinger plz dont kick my ass hehe
+1

Tom.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well kidderoos, I'm back. I had my surgery done in Rockford, IL by Dr. Edward Yavitz. I actually got back this morning but I've been working on my dirtbike all day and haven't had a chance to post.

I went in Thursday morning, got my eyes checked to make sure I was able to get the surgery. During the test I found out just how bad my eyes were (haven't been tested in awhile). I couln't even see the Top line of the chart and could barely make out the two fingers the nurse was holding up five feet away from me. I was about -5.75 in my right eye and -4.75 in my left. For those of you who aren't familiar with the scale that is horrible vision. After the checkup I was given a gown, a hat type thing to cover my hair, some valium and then taken into the room with the Lasik equipment. The process wasn't bad at all and I would prefer doing that every six months over a cleaning by the dentist. The first thing they do is put a suction on your eyeball which allows them to cut open the flap. The weird and kind of cool thing about that is that when the suction takes place it cuts off circulation in your eye and your eye shuts down for seven seconds. I hope it is the only time I ever experience total darkness but it was interesting. After they open the flap you stare at a red light and the lazer goes to work. It didn't hurt at all and only took a minute. The only negative is that you can smell it cutting the eye but it doesn't last long at all. After they do the other eye, they slap on some clear bubbles on your eyes with three holes for eye drops and looking at things and send you on your way. I stayed in a hotel last night and after the operation I slept off the valium for four hours (you are supposed to keep your eyes shut afterwards for that long). When I woke up it took some adjusting to both light (couldn't turn the lamp on even) and the plastic bubbles. The plastic bubbles gave a blur to my vision but when I looked through the little holes I could see real good so I was excited to take them off. My eyes didn't hurt at all after the operation and I was able to watch TV most of last night and even got laid...

This morning I went in for the post op exam and I could see the very bottom line with my right eye and the almost to the bottom with my left (the lower lines kind of came in and out of focus). The nurse said it was about 20/25. As the day has progressed my vision has gotten better and better. The only complication right now is that I feel like I am still wearing glasses and I'm getting lines coming off of bright lights at night because my eyes are still dilated, that will be gone tomorrow night however.

So far I am 100% satisfied and if you don't like glasses and contacts don't hesitate to do this, it is fast and effective. I know that money is an issue for many and it would of been for me too had this not been a college graduation present but when you factor in the cost of contacts etc it makes sense in the end (it cost $1900).

I would highly recommend my doctor and if you want contact info let me know.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Congrats on the new lisionI have -4.75 in both eyes and they have been that way for a few years. I think I need to have this done everyone I know that had it done loves that they did it now its my turn. If you could I'd like to know a little more about your doc just PM me if you can Thanks, Cherie

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
ew gross. I hate eyes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts