Sport Bikes banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, first time poster, long time reader.

Does anyone know if there is a wiring schematic available online for my 2008 gt250r? Little bastard didn't want to start this morning. I want to diagnose it myself before taking it into the dealer to make sure whatever broke is under warranty.

Thanks. :cheers

·
51 times World Champions
3,861 Posts
Hi everyone, first time poster, long time reader.

Does anyone know if there is a wiring schematic available online for my 2008 gt250r? Little bastard didn't want to start this morning. I want to diagnose it myself before taking it into the dealer to make sure whatever broke is under warranty.

Thanks. :cheers
The Hyosung has a two-year "bumper-to-bumper" (for lack of a better term) warranty. Everything is under warranty...

But no, I can't recall having seen a schematic. I'll have a look through all the junk I've collected, though.

:beer

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got this from the Hyosung website:
ALSO NOT COVERED IS NORMAL WEAR AND DETERIORATION, CAUSED BY THE USE OF THE VEHICLE.

SUCH ITEMS AS SPARK PLUGS,FILTERS,CONTACT POINTS,BRUSHES,FUSES,CLUTCH PLATES, SPROCKETS, DRIVE CHAIN, BRAKE PADS AND SHOES, LAMP BULBS,BATTERY,TIRES AND TUBES,WHEEL SPOKES,TAPPET SHIMS AND ALL RUBBER PARTS(EXCEPT OIL SEALS)
With only 400mi on the bike, I can't see this problem being "normal wear". I just don't wan't to be charged a diagnostic fee on the chance that the failed part isn't covered. Plus there's turn around time. My neighbor has a GV650 that has been in the shop for 3 months waiting on parts. From what I have heard, HYOSUNG GV/GT 125/250/650: Hyosung Parts For Reasonable Prices is much faster than getting something from Hyosung directly.

I reckon I'll buy a service manual today. :banana

·
51 times World Champions
3,861 Posts
I've always just assumed that folks know normal wear items aren't covered. In any case, no failure would be considered as "normal wear and deterioration" with only 400 miles on the bike. If it "ate" a normal wear item after just 400 miles, it would still be covered, as this would not constitute "normal".

Cheers

·
Meat Popsicle
764 Posts
I have a manual Ill see if I can get it posted up for you. Will it turn over or not. Check the clutch switch if it won't turn over you can follow the wires back to the first connection and unplug them and touch them together (the wires from the main harness not from the clutch). Then try to start it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I feel like a royal jackass, it was just the fuse.

Though I checked the fuse 2 nights ago, both visually and with a test light. However the beer I was drinking might have skewed my judgement.

Anyhoo, thanks guys! :cheers

·
Registered
68 Posts
Mike on the Rock on Korider posted his service manuals on Yahoo auto groups. If you have a Yahoo account you can log in and view the manuals. The Chapter 7 has the wiring schematics. I see you fixed the problem. But for future reference, here is the link.

·
Registered
5 Posts
fyi, i had a fuse issue also, it was a bit of exposed wire from my head light that was contacting the bolt that attaches brake line to frame. went through 6 fuses and spent 50.00 on a cab one night 5 hrs waiting for a shop to not figure it out.
the next time i had starting issues it was a bad clutch kill switch then it was a bad kickstand kill switch...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the heads up. The fuse hasn't opened in a few months but if it does again, that'll be the first place I check.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts