Sport Bikes banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a 2000 zx9r, and randomly the oil pressure light will flicker on at certain RPMs, and sometimes want to stay on. checked the oil level, and its fine. sometimes the neutral light will flicker on at the same time, which makes me think its just a wiring problem, and not an actual oil pressure problem.

some days it doesnt happen, some days it only happens at low rpms and goes away at higher rpms, and some days it only happens at higher rpms, and goes away at lower rpms, its really wierd.

the headlights are aftermarket and wired independently from the normal headlight wiring, just throwing that out for information sake

any input?

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
The light on your instrument cluster is turned on by an oil pressure switch. When oil pressure is too low, the circuit closes, turning your dash light. Find your pressure switch, clean the connections, or replace the unit. Try doing a resistance test on it with your meter too.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wiring

thanks for the reply. yeah, i know about the oil pressure switch and everything, and i'll definitely be checking that out as soon as i can, but what confused me was the fact that the neutral switch would come on with the oil switch sometimes.

ill post after i clean the connections

1 - 3 of 3 Posts