Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not that great with DC automotive circuits so here goes. I have a switch to manually turn on my cooling fan. It just bypasses the fan switch/thermostat. I want to add an LED indicator lamp to this circuit that lights up when I flip MY switch up, not when the fan comes on from the thermostat. Can I just add the LED inline with my bypass or will the LED need some kind of ground?

·
Registered
21,263 Posts
I'm not that great with DC automotive circuits so here goes. I have a switch to manually turn on my cooling fan. It just bypasses the fan switch/thermostat. I want to add an LED indicator lamp to this circuit that lights up when I flip MY switch up, not when the fan comes on from the thermostat. Can I just add the LED inline with my bypass or will the LED need some kind of ground?
You can wire it in directly. Red to red, black to black. Pretty simple.

Or you can swap out the switch for one that lights up when on. That's how I rigged up the switch for my auxiliary power.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The switch I have just breaks the hot, it acts as a jumper around the thermostat. Hot comes in one side goes out the other when the switch is turned on so there is no red and black. I thought about replacing the current switch with a lighted one but I cant fins a lighted waterproof one :(

·
Registered
21,263 Posts
The switch I have just breaks the hot, it acts as a jumper around the thermostat. Hot comes in one side goes out the other when the switch is turned on so there is no red and black. I thought about replacing the current switch with a lighted one but I cant fins a lighted waterproof one :(
Go to a boat store like west marine. That's where I got all of my components. Or look online. My local store has a website. Look for www.fisheriessupply.com

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts