Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got the Zero Gravity tinted shield and was looking at the bolts I need to undo... I can undo 4 top side ones no problem, but the lower ones... How do I remove those? I don't see a way to get to the back of them. Do they also have nuts on them (like the top ones)? Do I have to remove the instrument cluster? How?

Please help. I can't wait to put this thing on :cry

·
Registered
400 Posts
I thought all shields just had threads in them for the bolts. I would say just unscrew them, but I dont know much about the ninja 500

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the back of the bolts that I see, have nuts on them. Don't know about the ones that I don't see. Those are hidden directly behind the cluster.

Cluster is being held by 2 bolts. Can I just take them out an remove it?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I was thinking the same thing. I bought the Puig Double Bubble for my Gixxer, I can easily take off the top bolts but the bottom two are going to be a problem. Can anyone help me with this...?

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, I figured out mine... All th bolts work the same way as the anchors you put into a wall at your home. There are rubber anchors that go into screen holes and then you put crews into them. That holds them in place.

I just unscrewed the bolts, pulled out the screen. Swapped the "anchors" to the new screen, put it in and put the screws back in.

It was much easier than what it looked like :headbang

·
Registered
51 Posts
Cool... the only problem I was thinking I might have was getting behind the gauge cluster to get those bottom two screws. I guess I will have to figure something out.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MedicRider said:
Cool... the only problem I was thinking I might have was getting behind the gauge cluster to get those bottom two screws. I guess I will have to figure something out.
don't the screws come out from the outside? You shouldn't have to reach behind the cluster for anything

·
Registered
981 Posts
if ur having trouble getting to the bottom bolts cuz the cluster is in the way, pull the upper fairing. when the upper fairing comes off, u have access to all the shield bolts cuz the cluster is bolted to the frame. its only 8 bolts to get the piece off. (2 for each mirror, 1 on each side of the tank, and 2 up front underneath the headlight)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hey... I feel like an ass now... I just took the bolts off...put the rubber pieces on the new screen...lined up the holes and put the screws back in. The whole thing took me about 15 mins....

·
Banned
1,553 Posts
Yeah, it's a really easy mod isn't it. But it helps the front end out SO Much, aesthetically speaking. At least, it does for my bike---and my bike needs all the aesthetic help it can get!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts