Sport Bikes banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally found someone with an airbrush that's willing to help me out, so I went and picked up the paint I'll need for my windshield.

The general idea is going to be a blue mirrored center, surrounded by the black. I'm hoping this will give it more of an R1 type of look to it.

I'll update and post pictures as I progress (it might be another week or two since I have weddings the next 2 weekends).

Attachments

·
Registered
104 Posts
Sounds sweet. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
if you do it and it turns out, you might have a customer

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
gtfazer6 said:
if you do it and it turns out, you might have a customer
I'm actually considering offering it, depending on how it turns out. I dropped $25 on paint for one windshield. If I can do a few more to offset the cost, I'd be happy.

·
Ride Naked
3,324 Posts
04Fizzer said:
I'm actually considering offering it, depending on how it turns out. I dropped $25 on paint for one windshield. If I can do a few more to offset the cost, I'd be happy.
POST UP SOME PICS!!! :banana

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
:needpics

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
gtfazer6 said:
:needpics
There will be soon. I might be able to do is Sunday afternoon as I'll be out of town for a wedding on Saturday.

·
Registered
135 Posts
That's a cool design, I was actually thinking of doing something like that myself, with almost the same design. Now we're all starting to think alike! SCARY!!! LOL Good luck with it, can't wait to see it. Have fun!

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
rynosims said:
That's a cool design, I was actually thinking of doing something like that myself, with almost the same design. Now we're all starting to think alike! SCARY!!! LOL Good luck with it, can't wait to see it. Have fun!
The biggest problem that I've run into is that the only chrome that will work can only be bought to be used in an airbrush, and I couldn't justify the money to do it once. A guy here at work has one that he's willing to let me borrow, so I'm goin to do some test pieces, then hit up the screen.

I thought about doing the yamaha logo in black first, then going over it so that it stands out a little more.

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
rynosims said:
I may also use the logo as the tip of the "v" and use a more rounded point to it. I'm no sure yet. I'll have to sit down and play around with it a bit.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Be sure to paint the inside, not the outside. Will be more durable and better looking finish from the outside. Even if you have some blotches on the inside, they won't show on the outside.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Bob McCluskey said:
Be sure to paint the inside, not the outside. Will be more durable and better looking finish from the outside. Even if you have some blotches on the inside, they won't show on the outside.
good advice. It'll also look a little better since it'll have some kind of depth. And if worse comes to worse, and you dont like it you can always paint the front.

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bob McCluskey said:
That's been the plan from the beginning.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts