Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so my most valuable thing, the one thing I truly love about XP, the 'Show Desktop' button that is right next to the start button, somehow got deleted. How can I bring this back? I searched for showdesktop.lnk but it wasn't found anywhere on my pooter. I think that's bad. Am I going to have to hunt the file down on my dads computer and copy it to mine? I miss that damn thing, I've gone two days without it and I keep opening net explorer because that's what's in it's place.

·
Sport Tourer
1,729 Posts
Not sure, but you can use the keyboard shortcut! windows key + d

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch

Theres a duplicate of it in this folder you should be able to send it to desktop and drag it to the quick launch part of the toolbar...

Or right click the toolbar and go to properties, uncheck show quicklaunch apply then recheck it and apply may bring it back...

Both are wild shots in the dark, never had it happen before.

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
750rider said:
Also did you right mouse on start & go into properties?

:lol
Clicking on the bar takes ya right to properties... I use classic winhoez. XP slows this POS way down and I dont like the ghey look LOLz Id still use dos if I wasnt such a lousy typer :eek:nfloor !

·
Owned by marriage
1,190 Posts
try this.. If it dose not work you can always just press the windows key and D at the same time and that will minimise all open windows. do it again to maxamise. windows shot cuts

Attachments

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Or left click on any available spaceon the Taskbar and click on "Show the Desktop". I deleted mine intentionally to save on the valuable real estate on the Taskbar, for other shortcuts I use more frequently.

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
mikem317 said:
Or left click on any available spaceon the Taskbar and click on "Show the Desktop". I deleted mine intentionally to save on the valuable real estate on the Taskbar, for other shortcuts I use more frequently.

:rolleyes :beer LOLz somethings are invisible at sometimes....... :lol

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Still nothing. I'm going to get to work on it this weekend....thanks guys!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts