Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heh, think i just did the best wheelie of my life last night out of sheer fear =p. was on a back road with a friend and the road had 0 turns for 20 miles. after about 10 miles or so, i got bored and did a stand up wheelie with freshly broken in diablo corsas (~100-120miles). well, i pick it up and it's a little wobbly due to tire being so round and then a gust of wind slaps me... i couldnt put it down cause i was angled all kinds of wrong so i was forced to just try and fight the wind until i could straighten it out. well, ~5-6 miles later, i finally got it straightened out and was able to set it down. hehe, learned my lesson, but also siked how long i carried it under those conditions. learned my lesson about brand new corsas =p

and for the record, good lord those are some incredible tires. i pushed myself harder than i ever have on twisties and those tires acted like they werent even phased. never felt a tire that good. cant wait to go back out and see what they can really handle =p

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
drog said:
i couldnt put it down cause i was angled all kinds of wrong so i was forced to just try and fight the wind until i could straighten it out. well, ~5-6 miles later, i finally got it straightened out and was able to set it down.
:lao :lao

·
Registered
62 Posts
GixxerJRG said:

bs on the 5-6 mile long wheelie cuz of gusting? you would have had a few minutes in there to set it down due to lack of wind.

not calling bs on the praise of tires.

i had them on my 01 gix and I loved them, stuck to the road like the asphalt itself.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it lasted for 4 minutes, i saw that myself. given, it could have been 6:44:55 and 6:48:01 when i first saw the clock *shrug* i seriously couldnt set it down. every time i tried, i got smacked with wind and had to throttle back up. 4mins, 70mph ~~5miles. was just a best guess based on time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts