Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone want to ride down into desolate Brunswick county in search of twisties and then end up at Hooters on Wed. night for bike night? Just trying to think of something to get things going since someone went to the trouble of making our board "more complete".

·
Registered
117 Posts
are there twisties in the wilmington area? I rode down there last summer and stayed had a blast!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The most part the beach is flat and sandy!

There is a nice road between Wilm. and Jacksonville (Maple Hill Rd.) Has claimed a few lowsides.

In Brunswick county less threat of blue lights, couple of creeks that roads follow and have a few fun sections.

I found this one road in the boonies with a 6-7 turn section. The kicked is the only animals that I've seen on it were..........black bear...... really... even saw two different ones on two different occassions. Not that's isolated!

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
I'm out here in Raleigh but was hoping to make at least one run down to Wrightsville or Wilmington before summer is out. Any other riders in this area that wanna make a trip out there?

·
Speed Racer
1,650 Posts
:) I gave up one form of curves for another,,,no doubt about it. :)

Its so flat here. I'm planning a trip to the smokies next month.

Maple hill rd is ok. The 1st time i was there i clipped a turtle and a morning dove flew right into my shoulder. Honestly, i don't think its worth going out of your way for.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
animal kills?

I'm hijacking my own thread. Took out an owl on my sellers rd. ~100mph. Sumbitch flew right into my fairing. I had no idea what the ell it was? checked out the fairing went back to see what I clipped. There was an owl?? Still twitchin', did the good samaritan thing. Hated to take out a vermine eliminator. Plucked two tail feathers for keepsakes? (morbid??). This is the same road that I've kicked up a covey of wild turkey, seen black bears on two different occassions. Can you spell BOONIES?

·
Registered
1 Posts
twisties

I think the guys at Precision Cycles were trying to get something like that going. I know they ride on sunday mornings. Go with the group that has the female riders, most of the time the other group are icy hot stuntaz.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts