Sport Bikes banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought this bike March 2010 with a hair over a mile on it off the showroom floor. Within a few weeks I had it tore apart and started modding it. Heres the list-

Two Brothers Racing Carbon Fiber Slip-on
Two Bros Racing Juice Box (Piggy back style fuel map controller)
XTR-E Timing retard eliminator. After the install the difference was night and day in the first 3 gears.
Puig tinted windscreens
Powerbronze Carbon Fiber Tire Hugger
LED Tail light with integrated turn signals
DDM 8000k HID head light conversion
Red leds under the bike
Flush mount front turn signals
Mounted LED Amber lights and wired them to my turn signals behind the front mesh for forward facing turn signals
Bar end mirrors
Homemade Fender eliminater kit (Basically took a Dremal and chopped the rear fender off then made a custom mount for the license plate
Red Suzuki Racing Rim Stripes
Red Clutch and Brake Levers
Red LEDs under the frame
Frame Sliders
I think thats all...
Pics-
Stock

A few weeks after I started riding it

After the windscreen, HID install and red LEDs

Juice Box

A before and after look at the rim stripes

Stock light, fender and rear turn signals

LED tail and fender chop

Tire Hugger

Finished...for now...

·
Registered
396 Posts
Damn, you got shit done. I'm not familiar with these bikes, but is the passenger handle(for lack of a better term) removable? I'd remove it and get a seat cowl, unless you need the passenger room.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice work, hombre :dblthumb

Report back soon with your fuel economy with the Juice Box :banana
Last time I checked i was around 45 mpgs. I haven't done the mileage calculations for awhile. The 45 mpg was with the juicebox. I've had it on for over a year. But I like to be in the throttle, I could probably get better mileage if I didn't get on it all the time.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Damn, you got shit done. I'm not familiar with these bikes, but is the passenger handle(for lack of a better term) removable? I'd remove it and get a seat cowl, unless you need the passenger room.
They have a "cover" you can buy to go over the back half of the seat. The passenger handle is removable but then you end up with the mounting points showing and those look worse than the handle, they are sunk into the rear fairing quite a bit. If I could make or find something to cover those I would remove it.

·
Registered
396 Posts
They have a "cover" you can buy to go over the back half of the seat. The passenger handle is removable but then you end up with the mounting points showing and those look worse than the handle, they are sunk into the rear fairing quite a bit. If I could make or find something to cover those I would remove it.
Ah that sucks, but I guess if you can't do anything you can't do anything. Still looks great though. Sound clip...?!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Nice work man.

Where did you get the flush mount from and did you have to get a relay for it?

Also, how does the two bros. sound? Post a sound clip man.

If I am not mistaken, the 'bandit' single rider seat will fit and there should be a rear seat cowl you can get.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice work man.

Where did you get the flush mount from and did you have to get a relay for it?

Also, how does the two bros. sound? Post a sound clip man.

If I am not mistaken, the 'bandit' single rider seat will fit and there should be a rear seat cowl you can get.
Flush mounts I bought on ebay, and I keep forgetting that Bandit stuff will fit on the GSXF. Yes, I bought a relay for the leds to get rid of the "fast flashing."

I'll make a new sound clip, the only one I have was taken when I was drunk and its not the best.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Let me know when you do. I can point you in the right direction, plus help if you have any install questions.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I second that fender idea as I hate that thing.

The eliminator kit is over $120 and I am looking for a lower fender, but no one could get me one. The dealership where I am got a Bandit fender which I found out doesn't fit.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Been awhile since I updated this.

Found out my bike had (I disconnected it) EVAP system. These are on Cali only bikes (omgwtfbbq?!?!)

Anyway, disconnected that and I think i have my stalling hesitation issue fixed (I'll know for sure this afternoon).

Also just picked up some Redline motorcycle oil and a K&N oil filter. As well as EBC pads for front and rear.

Found a crack in my header after the cat so that is coming off next weekend to get welded when I change the oil. Also completely removing the EVAP bs and probably removing the PAIR system. Going to remove the snorkel from the air box to increase air into the motor and debating on removing the secondaries. Also going to sell the Juice Box and pick up a Power Commander V for better tuning options.

Next on the list is Stainless Steel brake lines, Super Blue brake fluid and EBC rotors.

Took her out today for the first time in months and remembered how much I love riding.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Did some work this weekend. New oil/filter, new EBC brake pads, removed the EVAP bullshit and pulled the header to get it welded (has a crack after the cat).

Cracked midpipe:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts