Sport Bikes banner

Will a 2007 Yamaha R6 exhaust and headers FIt on 05 ?

7K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Choco 
#1 ·
I got a yamaha 05 YZFR6 and was wondering if the 07 exhaust and headers would fin on my stop 05?

#3 ·
There's a conversion kit sold by Fabricar. THey're down in Florida. I'm trying to see if there's any other conversion kits for the 03-05 R6. THere are some pretty nice GP style pipes out there but they won't fit the older models. Check out www.myfabricar.com Let me know if anyone founds out any other info on getting these little exhausts to fit the older bikes.

#4 ·
I've been working on this for about 3 weeks. They have very simple slip on with little fabrication needed...only thing is they are loud as hell. I think the gytr slip on is the most packed...plus if needed you can add some packing. I have a couple threads out there.

1. looking for a stock complete system with header and see if it fits. I was told by a parts guy all the bends are the same, the cat is just added in there. Don't know if it will fit under the fairing.

2. looking for a stock 06-07 muffler. After looking at my 03, if you just cut off about 2 1/4 plus shave the bracket off the header, the stock muffler just slides right over the header. Fab a bracket to hold the muffler in place. Your good to go. So any slipon would fit. Same thing - I do not know if the stock muffler will be to loud. I was going ask someone with an 07 to borrow their muffler to just slip on the end of my pipe to hear it. I'll let you know how that workls out.

Same for you....Let us know any info -

#5 · (Edited)
#7 ·
pepsifat said:
Hay, Whout would happen if i just take of the old exhaust and just keep it off? Street legal, safe for bike, ext.
if ya do it long enough, you'll most likely burn up the valves. the exhaust does much more than muffle the sound.

other than sounding like crap with no exhaust, you wont have any back pressure on the cylinders. i dont think you'd even run correctly without an exhaust.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.