Sport Bikes banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
All right meow...
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wifely Duties - Gulf Daily News letter to the editor

Different perspective when I ran across it at work yesterday.

Gulf Daily News

Wifely duties...

Referring to the news 'Man raped wife,' first of all she failed in her primary duties as a wife in this case.

Denying sex to the partner stands valid for a divorce.

Secondly he has not gone to anybody else but approached his wife that is his right as a husband.

Thirdly God has created women in a way to satisfy an average man so that he need not bother to look at any other woman with the wrong intention provided the so-called wife takes care of him.

Naturally men are more aggressive in terms of sex compared to women, while the latter will find ample reasons for postponing it.

Finally I would like to say that this case should be treated as 'Wife refused to have sex with her husband.'

A desperate husband

·
Silent pipes take lives
12,981 Posts
Seriously, though, if you choose to not fulfill your duty to put out for your spouse, then it is your duty to okay them getting it elsewhere.

·
One eye on the road
477 Posts
Seriously, though, if you choose to not fulfill your duty to put out for your spouse, then it is your duty to okay them getting it elsewhere.
This is a two way road. If the wife puts the husband #1, then no problems. If the husband puts the wife #1, then no problems, unless one party or the other is a huge piece of shit. Then all bets are off.

·
Registered
16 Posts
while i agree that all sex in a marriage is well agreed to by the non verbal statement of being married.

the law is only interested in the person not the relationship. if one person says no its rape.

·
All right meow...
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
while i agree that all sex in a marriage is well agreed to by the non verbal statement of being married.

the law is only interested in the person not the relationship. if one person says no its rape.
Bro',

You've been in the middle east; life here is different, you know that. I don't agree or disagree with the article, it's just a different outlook.

How is life for you on the civilian side? I'm out long enough that I hate it!

Cheers!

Paul

·
Registered
16 Posts
How is life for you on the civilian side? I'm out long enough that I hate it!
Paul
its good and bad. when im here i wish i was there. when im there i wish i was here. im in a no win situation so i just live at the bar and tattoo shop and try to meet new ppl when im not at work.

its like no one gets me ya know.

·
HEHATEME
16,189 Posts
Yep.

And women wonder why men hate marriage.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Could have been written by a Southern Baptist. They believe all of that. A wife's "duty to submit" is a key teaching.
That's funny. I grew up Southern Baptist in the south and never heard my wife had to submit to me. Many are old fashioned in their ways but this is news to me. Wait until my wife comes home from running errands. She'll be submitting to me within seconds.

Good old Jim. Just another way to try and slam religion.

·
Registered
18,682 Posts
That's funny. I grew up Southern Baptist in the south and never heard my wife had to submit to me. Many are old fashioned in their ways but this is news to me. Wait until my wife comes home from running errands. She'll be submitting to me within seconds.

Good old Jim. Just another way to try and slam religion.
I don't know how to reconcile your experiences with the tenets of the church. And I've had at least a dozen SB women tell me that God ordains that their job is to submit to their husbands in all things.

But you don't have to take my word for it. Google "baptist wife submit" or just check here: Southern Baptists Declare Wife Should 'Submit' to Her Husband - New York Times

·
HEHATEME
16,189 Posts
I don't know how to reconcile your experiences with the tenets of the church. And I've had at least a dozen SB women tell me that God ordains that their job is to submit to their husbands in all things.

But you don't have to take my word for it. Google "baptist wife submit" or just check here: Southern Baptists Declare Wife Should 'Submit' to Her Husband - New York Times
Oh wow 12 because there are only 36.67 southern baptist.

Then again of course since you use religion or rather your extreme dislike for it as a crutch its no wonder that you only will pay attention to extremes.

·
Registered
18,682 Posts
Oh wow 12 because there are only 36.67 southern baptist.

Then again of course since you use religion or rather your extreme dislike for it as a crutch its no wonder that you only will pay attention to extremes.
Oh wow, do the google search. :twofinger

In each occasion it was a co-worker of one sort or another who said something about obeying her husband that I mistook for a joke. In each occurance it was someone I liked, who went on to explain that God dictated her subservience. And in each case we went about our business and had the same business and social relationship that we'd had before.

If you don't like being compared to a religious extremist, don't pass church law that invites comparison. Except that some would like to pretend to be better than these conservative Muslims, it's no skin off my nose.

Why do Christians always go ballistic when you point out something uncomfortable about their beliefs or canon law? I wonder...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts