Sport Bikes banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

· Registered
681 Posts
She must be all legs!....the 250 and 500 have the same seat height(I measured). My wife is 5-2 and I just bought a ex500 for her. Even with the preload all the way soft, she still couldn't flat foot it, wasn't comfy sitting like that, so I sold it. Sure, I could've lowered it but I hate the thought of changing the way the bike was intended to ride.

The GS is gonna have a 1 inch higher seat as well.....what to do......it sucks for short people.

· Registered
164 Posts
The EX500 would be fine and she would probably enjoy that more than the GS500. A ZZR 600 wouldn't be bad either

· Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
taziscool said:
She must be all legs!....the 250 and 500 have the same seat height(I measured). My wife is 5-2 and I just bought a ex500 for her. Even with the preload all the way soft, she still couldn't flat foot it, wasn't comfy sitting like that, so I sold it. Sure, I could've lowered it but I hate the thought of changing the way the bike was intended to ride.

The GS is gonna have a 1 inch higher seat as well.....what to do......it sucks for short people.
Yeah, she's 5'2", but has the same 30" inseam as I do at 5'11". We're going to try to sell her 250 and see if we can find a nice ZX-6E/ZZR600 or a EX500 next spring unless we come across a killer deal in the winter.

· Registered
250 Posts
A buddy of mine had a '93 ZX-6... and had it jetted.

I'm sure you can find some pipes that will fit it too.

It's a great bike for someone who needs a low seat and it was fairly narrow too. So she should be able to get her feet down pretty easily.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.