Sport Bikes banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what about you all. Does your wife or significant other like your sport bike or are they more into cruisers? Do they have their own bike or pillon yours?

I took my wife to look at bikes the other day and she likes the cruisers. A big friggen harley no less. Surprised the hell out of me. Said she doesn't really like those small fast sporty bikes. No big deal, I would just like to get her started so we could ride a little together. But I had no idea she was not into the sport bike idea. Maybe explains why I have such a difficult time getting her to ride on mine with me????? duh

·
Squidtastical
349 Posts
My wife loved my old Honda Shadow. The seat was level from driver to passenger and it was easy for her to get on. When we shopped for new bikes, she wanted a HD or another shadow. We seriously considered a Vmax because they friggin haul a and the design is 20 years old so it still has the flat seat, but they were more than I wanted to spend. We ended up with an FZ6 which is halfway between a standard and a crotch rocket.

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
Atleast she LIKES bikes. :)

Get her something like a 750 Shadow (kinda partial to 'em, but stay away from the 600 VLX) or any other middleweight cruiser to start on. Even the new 883 Sportsters aren't so bad...

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TRaGiK said:
Atleast she LIKES bikes. :)
Point taken. This is why I took her in the first place to try to increase her interest and hopefully get the ball rolling. I will let her decide what she likes then give her input to make sure she doesn't get something too big to start on. She really has no idea about engine size and such, she just knows what she likes by looks.

·
Registered
353 Posts
My wife hates sportbikes. She thinks they're ugly.

She likes the V-Rod (which I like as well, but I'm not spending that much money on a bike) and fat tired choppers. We saw some Sportsters with a 240 tire conversion on them at the La. Bike Expo and she wanted me to do that to mine. I hated the way they looked on the Sportsters, but on a rigid framed Pro Street style bike, I like it.

She still won't ride with me though. :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts