Sport Bikes banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a replacement for our OEM mirrors that will give a better view of what is behind us? I tried adjusting my mirrors but it shows my elbows mostly.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Yeah I hate that, too. I usually just lift my elbow up out of the way - but that's too obvious if you're looking for cops. :)

I like the bar end mirrors with the OEM's deleted - decent looking, and probably more practical.

·
Registered
110 Posts
i just have mine pulled down close to the fairing...the view is now under my elbows and i don't have to move my arms any to see behind me.

·
5,547 Posts
J_J said:
Is there a replacement for our OEM mirrors that will give a better view of what is behind us? I tried adjusting my mirrors but it shows my elbows mostly.

:eek:nfloor :eek:nfloor You guys are killing me with all of the drama:eatpop

Simple fix:bowdown I have mirror extension from SW-MOTECH I got mine last winter from Germany. http://twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/2518/220/

Here's somes pictures of mine installed on my 2006 ZZR600. No more crouching down to see behind me. You can see everything behind you while seated on the bike in a normal riding position.

Attachments

·
5,547 Posts
Kawa-Jockey said:
Hey, that's pretty cool! But, now your bike looks like it wants to give me a big hug or it's telling me I just scored a touchdown. :)

That's the whole purpose of the extensions on the mirrors. You see....you and the rest of the guys who posted on this thread are farting around trying to see whats behind you, looking under your elbows, crouching down, standing on your head to see behind your bikes :lao I'm riding comfortably and most importantly Safer than the rest of you with all of your mirror hang-ups:eek:nfloor :eek:nfloor :eek:nfloor

Here's picture with one side installed.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
nice one!!! lol:eek:nfloor

could be ear muffs

Kawa-Jockey said:
Hey, that's pretty cool! But, now your bike looks like it wants to give me a big hug or it's telling me I just scored a touchdown. :)

·
5,547 Posts
Daves_636 said:
nice one!!! lol:eek:nfloor

could be ear muffs

Pretty funny, but one question for you. Can you honestly say that you can safely see behind your bike while riding?? Without your elbows or shoulders getting in the way.:neener

·
Registered
110 Posts
i can...like i said, my mirrors are positioned to where i don't have to move my arms to see behind me. i also turn my head when in traffic. cost to me.....$0.00

and yes i can say that i can safely see behind me while riding without my shoulders and elbows getting in the way

·
5,547 Posts
Remo said:
i can...like i said, my mirrors are positioned to where i don't have to move my arms to see behind me. i also turn my head when in traffic. cost to me.....$0.00

and yes i can say that i can safely see behind me while riding without my shoulders and elbows getting in the way
That's great. Your one of the lucky ones. I posted the information about the mirror extenstions for the member of this forum that what looking for options to solve his problem. Also I didn't have a problem with spending the money to make my bike safe. Ride Safe

·
ZRO BLNG
1,839 Posts
I had the same issues on my YZF. In Oahu rush hour traffic, I need viewing range. So I installed a set of mirrors from a 2002 GSXR.

How about a set of ZX14 mirrors?

·
5,547 Posts
Kawa-Jockey said:
No problems here.

Hey, man, why are you so sensitive? Do you need a hug? :cheers
Not sensitive, Just serious about motorcycle safety thats all.

·
Registered
4 Posts
ZZRocket, looking at that link you provided, it says that the mirror extentions specifically does not fit your 06 (or my 05, for that matter.)

Is this the wrong link--maybe it's another product by the same company--or are they just wrong and it fits just fine?

·
5,547 Posts
Mista Toad said:
ZZRocket, looking at that link you provided, it says that the mirror extentions specifically does not fit your 06 (or my 05, for that matter.)

Is this the wrong link--maybe it's another product by the same company--or are they just wrong and it fits just fine?

Try these.

http://twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/2516/220/

Edit... I guess these don't fit an 05 either. I guess your out of luck. Call twisted throttle and ask them if they have any that will fit a 05 ZX6R.

·
5,547 Posts
Mista Toad said:

If you look again at the first link...They don't fit a 03-04 ZZR600. But they do fit a 05-07 ZZR600 aka 98-02 ZX6R. Different bikes my friend.

SW-MOTECH mirror wideners (Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R, '95-'02 /ZZR600, '05-'06 / ZX9R, '94-'03)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts