Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read a bit about people switchin from hydro to cable clutch. Why? I like a hydro better but there must be a reason.

·
Superbike fan
871 Posts
The only reason I could see is that cables offer adjustment that hydraulics don't.

I sat on a couple of Hondas that had hydraulic clutches and those clutch levers were a lot stiffer than mine that has a cable.

·
RESIDENT ASSHOLE
8,497 Posts
Its strictly about feel.

Hydraulic is nice because you dont have the heavy pull on the lever. Its pretty reliable compared to cable clutches as well.

The down falls are that they are a bit heavier than a cable set up and that they dont offer any real feel of engagement for a racer to use.

But dont be fooled, the ones that do end up converting are picking that weight up in the mechanism to convert from hydraulic to cable.

Its not a real advantage unless your constantly slipping the clutch.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
I can't stand hydraulic clutches personally,but my Yamaha has one and I make do with it. It's not near as bad as the clutch on a mid 90's GSXR a friend of mine used to have. His was either in or out almost like direct drive and it sucked. I would change my over to cable it in a New York minute if I had the funds.

Both hybrid & likebikes are right.
They also save some wear and tear on the clutch,because it's harder to slip them.
The manufactures like that idea.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts