Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I ordered a set of CRG levers (short, gold) on June 19. I used KyleUSA.com's online shopping card. Everything went through, order was approved, and I received and order number ($200 plus shipping). On June 27th, I have still not received the levers, nor had I been contacted by them in any manner (I gave them my phone number, email address, etc.), so I called them. I talked to Liv, who informed me that they never received my order.

http://www.atlmotors.com/members/david/kyle_order.gif

I proceeded to replace my order with them right then over the phone. They never told me that they did not have the levers in stock, so I made the assumption that they did - big mistake.

On July 5th, I had still not received the levers or any communication from them, so I placed another phone call to them to see if they levers had been shipped. I was informed by Alex that the levers were out of stock, and had been so since before I had placed my first order with them. Alex told me that he expected 800 of them to arrive on Thursday, July 7. I informed them that I would be at Laguna Seca at that time. Alex asked me if I wished to pick them up at the track. I replied that I would rather have them shipped to my house - especially since I was paying for shipping (why pay shipping when I have to pick up in CA?). He said no problem, that he would get them out to me as soon as they arrived.

On Sunday, the 10th, at Laguna Seca, I saw Liv. I introduced myself and asked about the levers. I had already been to the booth and saw them at the booth, so I knew that they had them in stock. She informed me that the levers had arrived and I would receive them when I got home. I told her that I hoped so.

On Wednesday, July 13, I still had not receive the levers, nor any communication from Kyle Racing, so I called again. I believe the guy that I talked to was Alex again, although he did not give me his name. I asked if the levers had been shipped out, and he informed me that they had not been shipped out, as he had sold all of them at the track. He said then that he had expected 1000 levers, but had only received 400. When I pressed him as to why he did not fulfill the orders already placed by his customers first, he told me the levers had been shipped directly to the track. I thought that that was odd since there would be no address to ship them to. Kyle had a tent at the track, not an address that UPS, FedEx, etc could ship to. While I did not call him a liar, it does raise suspicions. I was then informed that he expected more levers to come in on the next day. At this point, it is not about anything else but principle. He was very nonchalant about his customer getting the shaft on an order placed weeks before. I informed him that I was cancelling my order with him and would place my order elsewhere. He proceeded to telll me that if I ordered from Kneedraggers.com, or Flatout that I was still buying from him, as (according to him) they purchase them through Kyle. He didn't seem to understand that it is bad business practice to treat your customers this way, and he made it quite obvious that he didn't care. His solution: "Would you like the owner's voicemail?"

Cliff's Notes: Place order, they lose order. Replace order, they don't tell you that they don't have it and that it's on backorder. When they get it in, they won't fulfill previous orders first, they will just keep them on backorder.

Moral of the story: Don't buy from Kyle Racing unless you want to get jerked around.

I will never order from them again and I would never recommend them to anyone (including my enemies).

Email me if you have any questions and I will be happy to answer anything you want to ask. For any doubters, I will even give you my phone number and answer any questions you have directly.

David New
Atlanta, GA
'02 R1
[email protected]

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Sorry to hear about your luck dude.

A lesson learned a long time ago.......Never ever never place an order over the net,always call them and ask if it's in stock and always ask for a name of the person you're talking to.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
I recently ordered parts online from Dan Kyle Racing to do the flapper valve mod and the pair valve mod on my RC and I have no complaints. I guess some people just have better luck than others. :dunno

·
Registered
910 Posts
That's anoying as hell. I agree. Outstanding orders should have been fulfilled first. Plus there is nothing at all wrong with spending $200 of your own money on levers, nor should you have to justify such a purchase to someone else. I am not sure which is more anoying....

BTW, they are great levers, I have them on both my track bikes.

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
order your levers from www.indysuperbikes.com ...they are cheaper too. if you tell of the trouble you had w/the other place, they may discount them even furthur.

edit: they are 85.95 each on that site. i do 99% of my shopping with them. I had one problem with that i resolved over the phone.

·
Registered
18,682 Posts
Eyespy said:
...Plus there is nothing at all wrong with spending $200 of your own money on levers, nor should you have to justify such a purchase to someone else. I am not sure which is more anoying....
You lead a high strung life dude. (I'm sure you found that annoying too. They have medicine for it.) :lao

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
silent_R1 said:
order your levers from www.indysuperbikes.com ...they are cheaper too. if you tell of the trouble you had w/the other place, they may discount them even furthur.

edit: they are 85.95 each on that site. i do 99% of my shopping with them. I had one problem with that i resolved over the phone.

Agreed,everything aftermarket on my 600 came from Indy Superbikes.

·
Registered
63 Posts
jim schmidt said:
You're right, of course. If you like them, buy them.
Yup...and can afford them...$200 dollars is alot for levers...is it worth it?? Thats trully a matter of perspective...some people make good enough money where this is an non-issue...so what if you can can't feed your family :slaugh

as for me...I love em...

BTW i got mine <HERE>

Attachments

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
well, i don't for one do not agree w/his reply. he is clearly in the wrong and I agree, people that had already placed and paid for the levers should've been taken care of first.

But i still stand by my previous statement, buy your shit from indysuperbikes.com it is cheaper.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Yep

What she said

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
mysubaruimp said:
I agree with Kyle Racing on this one. Sorry.
Why

He already paid. :popcorn

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
If you read Dans letter on the other site he posted a link to, you can hear his side of the story. I dont know if you read it or not.

Business is Business, things go wrong, orders get mixed up, you dont always have the info, etc.

It just seems way overboard to post this inflated story on message boards. Sure, be mad that he didnt ship you your part. Know what when you deal online, things do and will go wrong. If you need the part and cant afford a little mix-up, buy from your local dealer. You get what you pay for. You pay more at the dealer, but there is a pretty solid guaruntee of no hassles. You support your dealer, he supports you.

When you buy online, things are cheaper. They are cheaper for a reason. #1 is that the company doesnt have to hold any stock. This cuts down cost a ton, but it comes with its drawbacks. Everything is drop-shipped, so you have one or two more levels of people to go through. Every extra step is another chance for things to go wrong. This isnt the case with Kyle racing, I believe they stock most of what they sell. They are promised things by their supplier. You will have x amount of y product by z date. Things dont always go that way. With a promise like that from a reputable company, why would the dealer put that he is out of stock on things. He will have the product according to the promise. If you put out of stock on a product online, the customer is going to go somewhere else. So KyleRacing should have had the product in stock, but the promise fell through. They should have had enough product coming in at Laguna to satisfy the booth and all online orders, promise fell through again.

Things happen, there are a lot of people to deal with. You take a chance when you order online. If you dont want to put up with hassle every once in a while, order from where you can pay in cash and pick it up in person.

For this one unsatisfied customer, how many satisfied customers do you think there are? hundreds/thousands? The people who are treated right never speak out, the people who have been wronged, even a little, make it known to the world. I have ordered from Kyle Racing in the past and gotten my stuff on time, and the right part as promised. I have also had one order where they sent the wrong part #, as have I recieved the wrong stuff from many other online retailers. Did I post up about it, no, things happen, roll with it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts