Sport Bikes banner

21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Get rid of the trolls like ped. A politics section could be a good thing but this one is nothing but a name calling orgy and nothing is ever done about it. It's not a discussion most of the time and every time I visit one of the forums I feel like I need to take a shower thanks to the way admin allows these neanderthals to behave.
yeah!!! because banning King Cobra, PCHbreeze, Potato, That one dude who talked about his car all the time, ect helped so much.

The banning trolls idea has been tried, over and over again. It doesn't help.

The Admins are content to suck advertisement money, untill they pull the plug.

I suggest we all buy popcorn, watching the death of once proud community is fun.

·
Administrator
446 Posts
We are not going to pull the plug and we are open to suggestions on improving the forum. I can't promise anything but I can most definitely try.
So back on topic, the political threads clogging up the new posts page. Which forum section are they usually posted in? I can try blocking that section's new posts from appearing in the new posts page.

~Kay

·
the joke is in your hand
8,588 Posts
it's not the admin's fault, it's not ped's fault it's not anyone's fault. forums have simply run their course. it's boring for most people now.
and I also get the sense a lot of people don't post for the simple fact people they don't know will criticize them. I loath people who tell someone who posts a question to use the search. If there was a jenie that could grant me just one wish it would be to punch those people over tcpip

·
Registered
205 Posts
Just out of curiosity.. would there be a way to back up and upload the archives (maybe just the stickies) of all the sub forums so that information will always be up for new riders if the site goes under?

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
yeah!!! because banning King Cobra, PCHbreeze, Potato, That one dude who talked about his car all the time, ect helped so much.

The banning trolls idea has been tried, over and over again. It doesn't help.

ever think that might be what's doing the damage?

You got rid of everyone you don't agree with and now you have a half dozen regulars.. most of which you'd like to also ban....

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
We are not going to pull the plug and we are open to suggestions on improving the forum. I can't promise anything but I can most definitely try.
So back on topic, the political threads clogging up the new posts page. Which forum section are they usually posted in? I can try blocking that section's new posts from appearing in the new posts page.

~Kay

Block all you want. My point is that this is really not a MC forum any longer so why pretend it is?

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Okay this is good. Just checked and their are 9 new threads since I last logged in. 7 of these are Politics. This one and one other was not politically related.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
So we don't need to block political threads from the "new posts" because there is typically less than a dozen new posts, and it's not hard to find the moto related material when it's there.

The way to fix the problem is to START MOTORCYCLE RELATED THREADS if that is what you want.

You can't expect everyone else to do it so you can come in and comment on them.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts

~Kay
:bouncies:bouncies:

Where oh where could those Politics & Religion posts be?

Maybe they are in the Pacific regional forum. Go check.

:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

Like i said, the admins aren't engaged and are content to just sit by and collect advertisment money .

Forums die, It happens. It takes someone putting energy, effort, and work into the forum to keep them going.

·
Administrator
446 Posts
That was a miss-step on our part rest assured. However it does stand to reason that they can be in other sections. Maybe the Pacific regional section is full of governmental debaters. Regardless. I've put a content filter on the new posts search that excludes the Politics and Religion Section.
So, what do you all recommend to help bring back bike content? we can run ride of the month contests, invite new sponsors, we can get our editorial team to add some new news about the latest models coming out. If you guys want to see it we can add it because we want the site to thrive, both on a personal and professional level. A live site is more useful than a dead one so what do you suggest to revive this one?

Kyle

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
That was a miss-step on our part rest assured. However it does stand to reason that they can be in other sections. Maybe the Pacific regional section is full of governmental debaters. Regardless. I've put a content filter on the new posts search that excludes the Politics and Religion Section.
So, what do you all recommend to help bring back bike content? we can run ride of the month contests, invite new sponsors, we can get our editorial team to add some new news about the latest models coming out. If you guys want to see it we can add it because we want the site to thrive, both on a personal and professional level. A live site is more useful than a dead one so what do you suggest to revive this one?

Kyle
Trying to revive this place is a good thing but did I read correctly some time back that the admin running this place don't ride motorcycles? Not a big deal but I am curious.

·
Super Moderator
18,633 Posts
So, what do you all recommend to help bring back bike content? we can invite new sponsors - what do you suggest to revive this one?

Kyle
I think for VScope, more sponsors is always the way to go. More revenue is always a win win. But the downside is the countless banners the average user has to filter through. Those members might reason that if they want to see lots of ads, they'll just stay on FB. Forums should be different. They should be a place to get away from corporate America and be able to talk about things they're interested in. Not be innundated with so many ads that your head spins.

Other than that, I'm at a loss. People want to talk about what they're passionate about. P&R is a given in that aspect. But Sportbikes just don't have the same draw anymore. Hell, we barely get a page or 3 when we talk about the most incredible bikes on the planet with MotoGP threads. That says a lot.

All I can do is keep riding and typing and hope for the best.

21 - 40 of 62 Posts