Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got on the computer and I hit the "New Posts" button. Eight topics were listed and six were Politics and Religion. Seems to be the norm anymore. Just wondering why the owners are pretending this is actually a MC forum anymore? Just change the name and be done with it.

·
Super Moderator
18,633 Posts
Just got on the computer and I hit the "New Posts" button. Eight topics were listed and six were Politics and Religion. Seems to be the norm anymore. Just wondering why the owners are pretending this is actually a MC forum anymore? Just change the name and be done with it.
I joined this site in 2001. Been through numerous site crashes and a ton of drama along the way. I got to watch first hand a corporate takeover of all these sites. Through it all, I've stayed on. Both as a regular member and as a mod. And I'm with you, I don't like seeing P&R threads as the only active topics. But that's what this site has become. And I don't have a solution to make it better.

With Facebook sub groups and model specific sites, it seems the average website like SBN is becoming obsolete. Many of the old giants like Cycleforums, Twowheelfix, Stuntlife, even Gixxer.com (just to name a few) have seen significant drops in active members. Hell, some of those sites are on life support, with only a few new threads per month. Even worse, a pure motorcycle rider site like the WERA forums is smothered with P&R threads. And while I do participate in the P&R chaos, I post plenty of motorcycle related threads as well.

But again, I don't have a solution. All I can do is hang around and hope for the best.

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
A body can always help by posting MC related content. And to eliminate P&R threads you see, you can always contact a mod and have them remove it from your viewable posts as I did last year or the year before. Some of them were quite entertaining reads though LOL.

I agree with L8 Braker's assessment. Forums are going by the way-side, which is a shame as they are an extremely valuable resource for technical info, how-to's and general tips.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just ignore it?
Ignore the entire site? Did you see the part where 6 of 8 "new posts" topics were politics? Just change this to a Politics forum with a MC sub forum. Why keep pretending? I question how many that are so active on the politics side even ride.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you want to see more varied content what would you suggest?

Thanks!

Kyle
Get rid of the trolls like ped. A politics section could be a good thing but this one is nothing but a name calling orgy and nothing is ever done about it. It's not a discussion most of the time and every time I visit one of the forums I feel like I need to take a shower thanks to the way admin allows these neanderthals to behave.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
it is hard not to talk politics when they are all out to get you, monitoring your thoughts, lizard people, cops from mars, nsa hiding in your house to watch you brush your teeth or sit on the couch taking a nap (you know, high priority stuff). Heck, they are hiding in that tree in my front yard watching me right now.

·
Administrator
446 Posts
Get rid of the trolls like ped. A politics section could be a good thing but this one is nothing but a name calling orgy and nothing is ever done about it. It's not a discussion most of the time and every time I visit one of the forums I feel like I need to take a shower thanks to the way admin allows these neanderthals to behave.
If you're finding other users posts to be that offensive please report them and action will be taken.

Kyle

·
Super Moderator
18,633 Posts
If you're finding other users posts to be that offensive please report them and action will be taken.
Ped is just a troll. He's the village idiot (on other boards, too). An immature fool who posts one line zingers that offer zero substance to any given thread (note his one post in this thread). And while he doesn't break any rules, there's no question he only has the intent to incite and anger as many as possible. But it's nothing that warrants a ban.

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
You have no business being a mod. I've watched you ban people for stating facts that you didnt like to hear. You accuse me of trolling because you don't like what I say. You need to go. I've contributed alot to the this site in all areas, you on the other hand do nothing but flame and whine like a childish little brat.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You have no business being a mod. I've watched you ban people for stating facts that you didnt like to hear. You accuse me of trolling because you don't like what I say. You need to go. I've contributed alot to the this site in all areas, you on the other hand do nothing but flame and whine like a childish little brat.
Thanks for the laugh. I needed that. >:)

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
I look through your threads and over 90% of them are political, the rest are non-bike related banter.

What kind of bike do you have? When is the last time you have been on a motorcycle? I have done write-ups, given advice, rode with quite a few members here, coached members here, got deals for members, pulled members of this forum out of ditches and towed their bike home.

All you really want to do is throw a tantrum because you don't like what I say.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I look through your threads and over 90% of them are political, the rest are non-bike related banter.

What kind of bike do you have? When is the last time you have been on a motorcycle? I have done write-ups, given advice, rode with quite a few members here, coached members here, got deals for members, pulled members of this forum out of ditches and towed their bike home.

All you really want to do is throw a tantrum because you don't like what I say.
You're right. I don't post much but I do browse. This site is not what it used to be by any stretch. I ride my 04 Yamaha and last rode on Sunday through the Shenandoah Mts. Good for you on the things you say you have done but on this site you are the epitome of a troll.

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
Someone saying things you don't like doesn't make them a troll, champ.

What does constitute a troll is constantly bringing a name(s) up in a thread and flamming everytime you want to complain about the forum.

·
Super Moderator
18,633 Posts
S
I accuse you of trolling because you're a troll. I can easily pull countless one liners from your repertoire to support my statement. Hell; I can even screen shot other boards that call you out and label you a troll. Your post in this thread is a perfect example of trolling. It added nothing to the topic, yet you felt the need to put a line in the water and see who'll take the bait.

So, keep up the good work. You're actually good at what I accuse you of.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have browsed this forum for a while and over time I've only ever had a few names associated with trolls that have stuck with me.. One of those names was yours ped. I am not saying you deserve it, but you certainly have built quite the reputation.

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
S
I accuse you of trolling because you're a troll. I can easily pull countless one liners from your repertoire to support my statement. Hell; I can even screen shot other boards that call you out and label you a troll. Your post in this thread is a perfect example of trolling. It added nothing to the topic, yet you felt the need to put a line in the water and see who'll take the bait.

So, keep up the good work. You're actually good at what I accuse you of.
LMAO

you're absolutely free to put me on ignore. You don't have to bend over backward and throw a tantrum.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts