Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
ZRO BLNG
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To enjoy the thrill of riding? Since when does my choice of motorcycle dictate my style of riding?

During a chat conversation last night, a local rider, who wouldn't identify himself, stated that I should be riding a cruiser and not a sport bike. He based this conclusion on, I guess, watching me ride my ZX6R. I don't gun it from light to light or needlessly pass cars, weaving in and out of traffic. I don't feel the need to exceed the speed limit on the highway, (nomoreso than I do in my car anyway), ride wheelies or any other stunts. Something(s) the unknown chatter obviously does. I just love to ride. I can't wait for the weekends when I can get out at sun-up and ride. It totally sets me up for a great day.

Now just for a little history on me, I used to ride a 1985 Honda VF1000R until I wrecked. That was back in 1990. The ZX6R is my first bike since then.

Can't I enjoy riding just as much on my sport bike without riding it like one? I mean I do engage in "spirited riding" every so often but I'm just about being in the seat not what the seat can do.

·
what's up bitches
1,382 Posts
Yes you can. Don't take his words seriously. Probably a total jackass that thinks speeding and suicidal stunting is the only way to go.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Ride the way you ride. You can't ride like everybody else, then you be down like everybody else.

DO YOU!!!!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Ride how you want it all about the thrill of being on the bike. Some like stunts, some race, some just love to be on a bike in the open and ride. No one way is right and all are fun so Fu<k em.

·
ZRO BLNG
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kawi636 said:
Sportbikes are meant to be ridden fast. If you don't go fast, you might as well have a cruiser.
Ok, the term "FAST" is relative. So what is "fast" to you? Personally, the environment one lives in determines how fast one can ride.

Also, Hawaii is #1 for motorcycle deaths in the nation. :popcorn

·
Registered
304 Posts
Kawi636 said:
Sportbikes are meant to be ridden fast. If you don't go fast, you might as well have a cruiser.
You live in NY and I hope not in the City, If you do, you can't go but so fast until you come to a stop light.

Just like mention above, it is your enviroment that determines your speed and in NYC yours keep you at a very slow speed.

·
Resident Freak
1,637 Posts
Ride it the way you want to ride it and give the rest of the world the middle finger as you do so.

·
ZRO BLNG
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Drifter said:
Ride it the way you want to ride it and give the rest of the world the middle finger as you do so.
It seems I do that more and more every time I ride. Mostly careless cagers on cell phones trying to merge without at least a glance at oncoming traffic.

This past Sunday morning I was cut off again. This MILF had the nerve to pull up next to me, roll down her window and say, "You should learn to ride that damn thing." :angry I said, "You should learn to use a fucking earpiece for your cell." She tried to say something else but I couldn't hear her over the sweet sound of my revving exhaust.

·
Registered
31 Posts
It's your bike, you can do whatever you want with it. Sportbikes are capable of high speed and have excellent handling, but that doesn't mean you have to utilize it to its full potential all the time (not that you could on the street anyway).

·
old member
13,079 Posts
The person in chat sounds like a jerk. Ride your own ride on the bike you want and enjoy life.

·
My fanclub is here
1,918 Posts
Maybe the guy should go to the dragstrip and tell the same to all the lowered, stretched sportdragbikes. "Hey you guys should get cruisers with S&S two bangers". A b***** question is why in the world does this guy care what you ride? As long as you're not a danger on the road ride whatever you want however you want. I still have not met any REAL rider or racer who gives a snot what someone else is on or what they wear or how they ride. Meaning all these folk who are in it for some reason other than just riding always have similar crap to blab.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Kawi636 said:

I wonder if this is the reason why sportbikes rank on top in the amount of crashes reported. :rolleyes

The person was just a jackass. You paid for it, you should be able to ride it the way you want to as long as your not breaking the law. Which if that guy has a sportbike, chances are he is. :rolleyes

·
Registered
214 Posts
Bomb300 said:
Ok, the term "FAST" is relative. So what is "fast" to you? Personally, the environment one lives in determines how fast one can ride.

Also, Hawaii is #1 for motorcycle deaths in the nation. :popcorn

Well, if you're pretty much obeying speed limits, its time to buy a cruiser.

njdjh2o said:
You live in NY and I hope not in the City, If you do, you can't go but so fast until you come to a stop light.

Just like mention above, it is your enviroment that determines your speed and in NYC yours keep you at a very slow speed.
I'm about an hour north of NYC.

seppuku said:
I wonder if this is the reason why sportbikes rank on top in the amount of crashes reported. :rolleyes
I would certainly say so.

·
Politically incorrect
508 Posts
Like most of the people said, ride what you want the way you want. Unfortunately there are a lot of people here who will tell you what to ride and what to wear. Really they are quite pathetic, but they are easy to get a rise from.

Maybe this comes with age, but I don't give a rat's ass what anyone else thinks about what I do, including my wife and children. I try to do the right thing in my mind. I try not to hurt people. That is all that counts. I like to leave others have the same latitude. If they ask my advice I give it, but I try to avoid preaching.

I have an old cruiser - my Triumph Bonneville. It is good to have both, if you can afford it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Kawi636 said:
Pffftttt........thats BS.

Bomb, you sound like an excellent riding buddy. I do know this, if you dont like my bike, fine: because you aint riding it.

·
My fanclub is here
1,918 Posts
yellman said:
Pffftttt........thats BS.

Bomb, you sound like an excellent riding buddy. I do know this, if you dont like my bike, fine: because you aint riding it.
Hehe I want that on a shirt.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts