Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get along with everyone that likes riding I ride with alot of different bikes but I have never had a HARLEY wave to me whats there problem.

Are they pissed because we can smoke them.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Because we aren't "riders" to some of them. They a high on their hog about their american made bikes that are way over-priced and can't accept that japanese bikes own them.

·
Registered
24 Posts
It's about 50/50 around here. Most of the Harley riders are the business professionals who are weekend warriors. They wave. The hardcore stereotypical biker guys/chicks usually don't. Many of them perceive sportbike riders as immature hot-dogging riders that are reckless.

·
Registered
681 Posts
who gives a shit? Waving takes up too much of your time when all you see all day long are bikes....get over it.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
The ones around here wave all the time. I've even had a few stop and "shop talk" with me. The SpitFire Grill in town is a Harley bar, and I go with my bike, and I have no problems. Some even ask me if they can ride her... NO WAY!, but they ask non the less.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I do not doubt any man would be nice and wave to you Japbike ( seen your pic and your rides..nice) . It tends to be too much of an Ego thing among men I think.

·
Registered
61 Posts
around here its rare for a harley rider to wave. I still wave but with only 1 finger (j/k/)

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
swimbrian said:
I do not doubt any man would be nice and wave to you Japbike ( seen your pic and your rides..nice) . It tends to be too much of an Ego thing among men I think.

Well, thanks.. **I blush** but I'd like to think that they are talking to me cuz they want to, not cuz they wanna "hit it"... ;)

·
Registered
542 Posts
This is what I have noticed. During the winter months and bad weather when the real rider ride, I see lots of waves. But during the summer months when the fair weather riders are out I see less.

So it just goes to show that you can be a tee shirt wearing flip flop flashing squid on a harley too

·
I hate thieves!!!
1,229 Posts
I notice only some of em wave back at me. I gave up waving at them. If im in a good mood i will wave, but most of the time they don't wave back. They think a "rice rocket" isn't a real bike. Which i find friggin hilarious. Most of those fat asses riding around on harleys couldn't even handle one of our bikes. There ass would be on the ground before they even knew what the hell happened to em. Not to mention Harleys are a big hunk of junk. Everyone i know with a harley is always working on the friggin thing. They spend more time working on them then actually riding them. They just trail them back and forth :twofinger

·
Registered
71 Posts
Lost Sheep said:
This is what I have noticed. During the winter months and bad weather when the real rider ride, I see lots of waves. But during the summer months when the fair weather riders are out I see less.

So it just goes to show that you can be a tee shirt wearing flip flop flashing squid on a harley too
That is so true but they are not all Harleys alot the bikes are jap cruisers and some of them are even worse. A couple of us were out riding earlier in the season and we saw a Harley rider and his passenger pulled off on the side of the road so we stoped to see if they needed and help. The guy and the girl were totaly stunded that sportbike riders would stop to help and said so. It goes both ways as soon as eveyone figures out that riding is riding no mater who the bike is made by things will improve. The real enemy is the person the cage with four wheels that can't see and hits every brand of motorcycle equally.

·
Registered
93 Posts
They can't wave ! The Harley owners fear that the constant shaking of the bike may throw the rider and death will result if that tank of a bike lands on them . :blowingup j/k

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
i grew up in a harley family so i know all them and they all wave

·
Registered
213 Posts
My father is a harley rider and he doesnt really like sport bike cause he think were all reckless morons who drive way too fast on public roads. which around here is close to true ( for alot of sport bikes) so i dont blame him for that. but me only have been riding for 3 weeks i found most people around here wave.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Don't you know they are the top of the food chain. They are the biker gods.Anyone else are beneath them. This is the mind set of the harley dudes

1 - 20 of 40 Posts