Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It always amazes me how many people there are that have truely illegible handwriting. Grown adults that can't write nicely to save their ass. By the time most people graduate college, they will have been writing nearly every day for the better part of 16-20 years. You would think with all that practice that they would figure out how to write, at least somewhat, nicely.

With all the computers now a days, having really nice handwriting really isn't as important as it used to be, but it still would be nice if when someone left you a note on a post-it that they would put enough effort into it to at least make it easy for you to read insted of try to decipher.

So what does your handwriting look like? Is it just a bunch of squigly lines and circles that hopefully fall in the right places, or is you penmanship something that you can take pride in, in these days of the scratch and scribble words.

·
I hate thieves!!!
1,229 Posts
It's so true, i know so many people who can't write at all. Like you said, with computers playing a b***** role, people don't put as much time in writing as they should.

As for Me, I can barley write :D I always write in-between the lines instead of on. I can never get em on the lines. I remeber being in 2nd grade. My teacher came up to me and told me if i don't start writing on the line i will never be able to do it later on. I just laughed and thought "yea yea i got this".......well here i am now....still writing in between instead of on. There more of a guidline for me, keep the words in between and it's fine :D

·
______ETA B4U______
1,990 Posts
My writing isn’t the best but I always print at least. I think I forgot how to write in cursive as a matter of fact.

·
Registered
56 Posts
My writing has sucked long before the internet, lol. I hate my handwriting, but don't know how to change it :twofinger:

I just had a flashback to second grade writing class, the mean ol' bag teacher would be teaching us cursive, and would always say "motion, motion, ready write 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8" when we were supposed to write the cursive "e" :lol:

·
Registered
691 Posts
My cursive handwriting is terrible. If I am writing fast sometimes I have a hard time reading my own writing.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
My handwriting is horrible, but it is legible. I wish I could write better than I can, but I have practiced and practiced and the only way I can write decent is if I write slow and write very small......But then nobody can see what I write because it's so small.

I have to write a lot at work and I don't really have the luxury of taking my time to make it neat, it's just a good thing that nurses and doctors are used to reading bad handwriting.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Well my hand writing is neat actually........you just need a magnifying glass to read it. I write really small but I don't know why, my teacher last year told me I could fit all the information of the bible on one college ruled paper......I never liked her....

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
I went ot one of those schools, where handwriting was a class you HAD to pass. I was lucky, I have beautiful hand writing. On the other hand (no pun intended) my bf has atrocious hand writing. It's total chicken scratch. ** Now, if I could of only learned to spell... *** :confused:

·
Registered
279 Posts
Most gay dudes have nice handwriting

·
Super Moderator
9,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
!!!Kennedy!!! said:
Most gay dudes have nice handwriting
:D Well I ain't gay, but I do have nice handwriting. :D

My friends will give me crap once in a while saying that I have "girly" handwritng. I guess for me it just come from being somewhat of a perfectionist. Now, I'm not talking about some kind of over-the-top perfectionist, but if it will take me an extra 30 seconds to slow down and write a paragraph neatly, then that's what I'll do. I find if I try to hurry and don't write so nice I wind up making mistakes and it usually takes me more time correcting those mistakes than it does to slow down and do a good job. I guess that doesn't just apply to my handwriting but a lot of other various tasks.

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
fierospeeder said:
after writing 10,000 pages of notes throughout my history of school, writing is no longer fun.
'I will take my propeller hat off in class, I will take my propeller hat off in class, I will take my propeller hat off in class
I will take my propeller hat off in class, I will take my propeller hat off in class, I will take my propeller hat off in class'...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts