Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Geez, every single motorcycle I can find on cycle trader people are asking like 500 to 1000 over the nada value, then the few I've asked if they'd go down get pissy. this is making me mad.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Check out this bike. ONe day left on ebay listing. 1996 GSXR 750 Cycle trader is crap online. Pick up a mag from the grocery store.

Attachments

·
F-You and Yourspace!
799 Posts
Because nobody wants to part with their clapped out, pieces of crap for less than 1/2 the cost of their new bike.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Depends on the bike, time of year and condition.

If a seller has a mint, totally good mechanical condition bike yes it worth 500 more than NADA.

·
Registered
279 Posts
A friend of mine picked up the same bike with 2,656 miles that went down low side to aviod a DD, he(the seller) replaced all fairings and engine cases/covers before he sold it...New tinted windscreen, brank new akropovic exhaust with 15 miles on it, carbon fiber by the way...Fender Eleminator kit, and flush mount turn signals, along with 2 extra windshields, a Shoei helmet with mirrored screen, and a kbc and gloves for a total price of..................5,500!!!

He needed to rid of the bike since he threw out his bike in a prison brawl, hes a corrections officer, and now he couldnt ride it.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
5500 on the zx9, 6000 or so for that zx6

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
356 Posts
Just go for one of those italian scam bikes then you really dont have to worry about paying too much for a used bike because you wont be getting a bike at all.....problem solved :)

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
learn to ride first........

·
Midnight Rider
415 Posts
a bike is only worth what people will pay for it. obviously the seller wants to have as much money in his pocket.

btw i'll sell you my 01 R6 for one million dollars... its in REALLY good shape

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
I always ask more than I really want you never know when someone is willing to pay more

·
Registered
912 Posts
21 natas said:
I always ask more than I really want you never know when someone is willing to pay more
Diffinitly aggree with that

·
Registered
60 Posts
Everyone pads at least a few hundred bucks into the price for negotiations. They know that anyone who wants it is going to call no matter what the price. The last bike I bought I offered him Bluebook for it, and he accepted just like that. He was asking almost 600 more then that, and it may even have been worth that since it was in immaculate condition and not even broken in yet.

·
Registered
501 Posts
that is just how the game is played. i only buy bikes at the lowest price the market can handle, and sell them at their highest value. depends on how fast you want to get rid of a bike. if you want it to sell fast, lower your price so people can't refuse to buy it. it just depends on how badly people need money.

·
No Whammy No Whammy STOP!
1,752 Posts
Wait until October to find good prices on bikes. Most people drop their price by $500-$1000. You can find some great deals at the end of the season.

·
Registered
33 Posts
NADA said that the top price on a 93 ninja 250 was 840. There is no way you will ever find one for that price if its running, and hasent been down.
I know this because I was searching for one as a starter bike for my wife.

I think the NADA guide on bikes is usually a bit off from what the actual market price is.

-Jake

1 - 20 of 24 Posts