Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Again on my special highway to work at about 5:30 in the morning. Nobody on the road. I see these headlights come up on me. I'm thinking it is PoPo, so I slowed down to the speed limit of 65 mph. Come to find out it the Honda Civic I pasted a while back to lets say about doing 75 mph. I mean he had the Civic looking nice, I don't know what was under the hood. But he pulls up beside me and start revving the 4 cyl somewhat of a beast (cat) it was and pulls off. Me paying him no attention he slows down and did it again. I mean it is just him and I on the rode. So, him I believe he kick it down into third of second gear and burns out the tire at doing about 65 mph. What he was doing was nice. I enjoyed it.

Then the sportbike blood starts boiling and I drop my bike from 5 gear to third and left him in his own smoke. I believe when he finially notice I was about a mile or two in front of him. I let him catch up and out gun him again.

So people think they little cars can out perform a sportsbike. Not saying the some can't burn us, if they put a couple of grand under hood plus some NOS. They have a fighting chance.

I had fun, it made my day.

·
Registered
361 Posts
assuming this is really a question, here is your answer

because a fast car will beat alot of motorcyclist's from a standing start (not motorcycles, but there riders) most people can't launch a fast motorcycle to save there lives, they are afraid of a 12K RPM launch slipping the clutch for the first 100 feet. I don't blame them, read a drag race test on a modern 600 comparo, and weather or not they told you, they probably have two cooked clutch sets amoung the four bikes.

I have seen 600SS's go high 12's in the quarter mile, and have read people asking what they are doing wrong when the best they can muster is a 13.x on an R6. These bikes will go high 10's with a pro rider at a properly prepped race track, the problem is on a sunday test and tune at mom and pop's dragaway, you have neither.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
njdjh2o said:
So people think they little cars can out perform a sportsbike. Not saying the some can't burn us, if they put a couple of grand under hood plus some NOS. They have a fighting chance.

I had fun, it made my day.
They don't even really have a fighting chance. Most 600SS machines will outperform a Ferrari Enzo, among other ultra high-end four-wheeled machines.

Anyway, riding with a friend two weeks ago. On Route 1A in Revere. No kidding, this 1984, beat up, rusted out Toyota Tercel burned out trying to hang with me. It was classic. I left my machine in 2nd gear as this guy is literally banging around clutch and stick trying to keep up. I just paced him and I was laughing so hard I almost leaned right into him. He was laughing too. It made my week. :eek:nfloor

·
Registered
155 Posts
just because they want to race, doesn't mean they think they can win.

In many people's minds, sportbikes are the pinnacle of street legal high performance--two wheels or four. If that civic was able to burn a tire at 65, the owner has clearly put a lot of money into making it fast. Given that, it suprises you that he would like to see how it compares to the "pinnacle of high-performance?"

·
My fanclub is here
1,918 Posts
Mr. Lesbian said:
You think the ricers are bad for that? Almost every muscle car AND Ford pickup truck I've come across have wanted to race. lol.
Damn, and you're in Canada. I thought we had the redneck concentration here in in NC. Happens ALL the time. I just ignore them.

·
TowTrucks Suck!!!
159 Posts
steeltoe said:
Damn, and you're in Canada. I thought we had the redneck concentration here in in NC. Happens ALL the time. I just ignore them.
yup i saw some idiot try to race me in a home depot truck, the flat bed ones. He started reving his engine at a light. I burned him doing a wheelie in first for a 1/8th of a mile. I stop at the next light and he was crackin up and gave me a thumbs up.

·
Registered
162 Posts
mikem317 said:
They don't even really have a fighting chance. Most 600SS machines will outperform a Ferrari Enzo, among other ultra high-end four-wheeled machines.
Not really, if you're going around a track a high end sports car is probably going to turn a better lap time than a 600ss, especially a car like the Enzo. Its just a matter of grip in the corners, the car has so much more rubber on the ground. In a drag race however, yes a modern 600 will beat any production car out there to my knowledge.

·
2000 VTR1000 Superhawk
3,248 Posts
It could be the fact that he also has a sportbike but is not riding it at the time and ejoys seeing others ride. I know my wife has a Cobra convertible and we (she) loves to drive it. Well, when we are not in it, I will "rev" the engine of my slower than a turtle Avalanche Z71 when we are next to a nice mustang just to hear the engine...ahhh the sound.... that sweet sweet sound... almost, ALMOST rivals that of my RC.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Mr. Lesbian said:
You think the ricers are bad for that? Almost every muscle car AND Ford pickup truck I've come across have wanted to race. lol.
i love it when i'm at a stop and the guy next to me has this jacked up, turbo deisel, wannabe monster truck, and is rivving the hell out it. i just laugh, and let him take off. i got nothing to prove to those guys. :banana

·
No limit hypocrite
1,695 Posts
last night, a S-10 pickup tried that crap with me.. I was just crusing down the street, and he whips around me into the left lane.. we hit a red light together. and he start trying to burnout.. And I mean really trying.. Rev's high as hell, truck bucking forward, can smell his clutch through my helmet vents... Finally, after almost killing it twice, his truck goes.. *chirp*.. that was it...
So I burn my tire for about 3-4 seconds, just to show him what its supposed to look like.. LIght turns green, he squeals off.. Just to piss him off, I keep right next to his passenger door, short shifting my bike about 6k RPMs, riding with just one hand.. laaa-dee-daaaaaa...
Next red light, he flips me off and runs the light and turns left.. I had to laugh at him..

·
...What speed limit sign?
244 Posts
It's part of being on a bike. Everyone from grandma's geo metro to bubba's 9'' lifted ford F350 want to race you.

My favorite's are the people who will stick their arm out the window and flap it up and down like they are trying to take off or something and then look at you like you are supposed to entertain them. =o)

·
No limit hypocrite
1,695 Posts
flsurfboi79 said:
It's part of being on a bike. Everyone from grandma's geo metro to bubba's 9'' lifted ford F350 want to race you.

My favorite's are the people who will stick their arm out the window and flap it up and down like they are trying to take off or something and then look at you like you are supposed to entertain them. =o)
I like the "Do a Wheelie!" when your sitting in a traffic jam..

·
Registered
40 Posts
You always have these dumbass people who want to race, back a couple months I had a brand new Porsche boxster rev up on me on the highway, an 80 thousand $ car get put to shame, buy a bike I spent less than 1500 on my f2, what a shame! :phatyo

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
I can't find the link but quite some time ago, someone posted up about some guy in a car asking if he could "Do the Horse?"

Damn that was funny.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mr. Lesbian said:
My Ford Truck (Lightning) runs 12.70s pretty consistently and from a stop I highly doubt many people would be able to keep up. It launches hard and hooks really well. Its not that the bikes aren't capable of going fast but 99% of the people I have run up against can't drive.

My Cobra Traps in the mid 120s at the Drags, I haven't lost on the highway from a roll yet although up until a few weeks ago when I started thinking about getting a bike I couldn't tell one model from another. Tee-Hee :)

99% of the cars on the road should lose to someone riding a bike if they are 1/2 decent but there are some of out there with stock looking street cars that will show you taillights if your not on your game. :)

Most of the kids in Hondas just want to see what the Bike can do, I really doubt they think they are going to win.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts