Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to get as much info on each 600 before I decide which one to buy, it will prob be around an 06- or higher because of cost. So any body have good or bad things to say about there r6? Or which they would have went with another one, like gsxr 600?

·
Registered
720 Posts
The RR bikes are more difficult to ride on the streets due to being designed to race, e.g. top end power. The R6 is the most race oriented of the four Japanese I-4's, with it's demanding ergos and huge step in power at 7-8K. It is kinda the conisseurs 600, and is kinda over the top for street use.

The GSXR600 is probably the easiest to ride on the streets, but still has plenty of challenges to extract the maximum enjoyment. These bikes are demanding of it's riders and you can't take them lightly. That said, if you have put in the time on a beginner bike, and are prepared to move to a 600ss, then you will find them to be just as exciting as you may have imagined. But, keep your head on straight and run em hard in small doses, all out wild riding on a SS is a dangerous path, you gotta keep your speed demon from taking over.

Edit: I just saw your other thread, you need time on a smaller bike before getting a 600ss.

·
Are we not men?
9,009 Posts
Didn't like the answers in the other thread?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have experience riding, dirtbikes my whole life, dads motorcycles, my friends gsxr6, and other cruising bikes, I'm not going to be dumb on it, I want to get a bike that I won't regret getting. So just trying to get as many ppls take on it, I'm def. Not worried about it having to much power, and was actually thinking of getting 1000, I know its my first bike but I can adjust to things quick and rode one before, I'm just wanting the best bike in the 600 class or maybe even the fax750. But is the r6 faster than the gsxr6 ? Or are all bikes about the same? Thanks for yals help, and sorry for sounding like an idiot lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think for a beginning bike you shouldn't be so worried about fast. There is a huge learning curve before you should be utilizing that much power anyway. And once you get that down you can start modifying if you don't like the power it has

·
Are we not men?
9,009 Posts
A 250 Ninja is plenty fast, it just doesn't have the "pull the bike from under you" grunt. Learn how to make one of them fast and you'll appreciate the other bikes, plus you'll be able to make your friends look like fools.

Besides all of that, have you checked insurance rates yet? You may be surprised.

·
Registered
855 Posts
I have experience riding, dirtbikes my whole life, dads motorcycles, my friends gsxr6, and other cruising bikes, I'm not going to be dumb on it, I want to get a bike that I won't regret getting. So just trying to get as many ppls take on it, I'm def. Not worried about it having to much power, and was actually thinking of getting 1000, I know its my first bike but I can adjust to things quick and rode one before, I'm just wanting the best bike in the 600 class or maybe even the fax750. But is the r6 faster than the gsxr6 ? Or are all bikes about the same? Thanks for yals help, and sorry for sounding like an idiot lol
At this point...you will not be able to tell the difference in each of the 600. Choose which one is the most comfortable for you and which one you can get the best price on...

BTW - as an R6 owner - I LOVE the Kawi 250. You just go all out and rail the thing around every corner. You will never 'hold back" you will only learn how to push the crap out the of the bike. :banana

1 - 8 of 8 Posts