Sport Bikes banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Old enough to be your dad
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK not to bash on any so cool stuntas, but after you put your bike back together with zip ties, why can't you cut the long leftover tag off? Is that like a special secret sign that only the true stuntas know about? Does that mean "I have crashed and am the coolest mofo now"? I have repaired plenty of stuff with zip ties, and even duct tape, in my life, but never once have I failed to cut off the remaining tail stickin out. Maybe those are like, curb feelers on a 98 Eldorado, I dunno. Just whats up with that?

Signed,

Donating wire cutters to all my local crash victims.

·
Premium Member
9,239 Posts
Maybe it's because they don't like the sharp corners that are left after cutting off the end. I really don't know.

You don't really see as many zip ties around as you used to. With crash cages and such, a lot of plastic is saved. And that's even if they ride with plastic on at all, since there's soo many streetfighter style bikes now.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Some people just don't care what the bike looks like, it's a toy or a tool and nothing more. I have a zip tie around my fork leg to measure travel, I never bothered trimming the end. I am the farthest thing from a stunta.

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
This guy gets annoyed at about the same level as me, and that's scary... however I never noticed that people frankentie their shit together and forget to cut the excess plastic off...

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
Why bother it's just going to get smashed again.

·
Old enough to be your dad
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Interesting points. It was just a curiosity that was perplexing me. Nah I dont get riled that easily. I think I am just a lil more anal and would have to "finish" the job if I did something like that.

Neat way to measure fork travel. I'll have to remember that one.

·
Registered
45 Posts
You can curl the end around and undo the ziptie if you need it in another place.

I dont use zip ties. My bikes well stunted and mint. But it has helped back in the day when an emergency came up.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Oh Shit,never expected to see you on here mike.

Don't mean to jack the thread but welcome to SBN!

:twofinger :twofinger

I would think that they don't take the time to trim off the exess part of the zip tie because it just doesn't matter. I don't think they're trying to be cool, like leaving the tag on a Spurs Championship hat, rather that it's just a matter of who's got scissors handy when they break out the zipties? And who really cares enough to cut them off?

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
Of course mike you wouldn't use them, that bike on your avatar doesn't have a scrap of plastic on it!!! h

·
Registered
130 Posts
i cut mine down i also carry a shit load with me for just incase.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Addivinum said:
Oh Shit,never expected to see you on here mike.
Look at our join dates! :cheers

Spike said:
Of course mike you wouldn't use them, that bike on your avatar doesn't have a scrap of plastic on it!!! h
Busted.. doh! My bike goes through changes, but its true what was said about cages. Zip ties and JB arent needed as much if you run 'em.

·
at the track
3,121 Posts
I'm no stunt expert, but on bikes I have had where I ghetto rigged the fairings, I like the fact that I can slip a knife through the tab to remove the zip ties and re-use the same ones back again. That shit gets expensive if you make it a habit

1 - 16 of 16 Posts