Sport Bikes banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
the joke is in your hand
8,588 Posts
3 key points of that article,

Dropping my helmet will ruin it… This is, according to Arai, simply not true of its products (and I assume any other good quality helmet). Dropping a helmet from your handlebar, or any other similar height may damage the paint and add some scratches, but real damage will not occur.

you can only use a helmet for three years… In Britain it was once a national rule that a helmet may not be more than three years old as it would no longer do the job. Arai says 10 years for its helmets is a realistic time-frame for a helmet, providing you haven’t been playing head tennis with the ground.

Surely if it’s got a DOT or EC sticker it’s safe? Well, Arai doesn’t believe this, especially of the EC (European) Standard. It simply does not believe that the helmet testing is thorough enough, and that it’s easy to design a helmet to pass – and still cut corners on safety. That said, the SNELL test, in Arai’s opinion is somewhat closer to where helmet testing should be

·
All right meow...
2,719 Posts
Why Arai? It fit's my coconut the best and stays fitting. In general, HJC and Bell fit my nugget as well, but seem to get loose quicker and then I feel like I get lift and more noise.

Article won't open for me where I am currently at.

·
After Me Lucky Charms
5,281 Posts
Arai is the only helmet that fits my head perfect. Also, any other brand the shield can break away, It won't on an Arai due it's shield mechanism (which IS a pain to change). I've seen it happen twice already. Shoei and Scorpion.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I love my Arai. Fits my head wonderfully and is light as hell.

The visor system is a PITA but if you spend a few minutes taking the visor on and off a few times you get the hang of it.

·
Short Yellow bus rider
223 Posts
I've tried Shoei, Bells, HJCs, Scorpions and ended up with the Arai. I could not believe at first the helmet can be THAT comfortable. The only thing that grips me is the removing and inserting of the visor. Is it just me, but it takes a long time for me to find the right spot to slide the visor's ends into the slots and it feels like I'm going to break something inside of them. I watched the youtube video of people switching the visors on theirs Arai without even getting off the bike in just a few seconds - that is like asking me to follow the MotoGP racer around the track. :(

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
Fit is more important than price or the label.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts