Sport Bikes banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't had a chance to top her out and can't find the specs anywhere, so can anyone tell me what their top speed is supposed to be??

·
Lowlife
7,019 Posts
Spike, why didn't you just get the new 675? That's a nice ride you have :cheers , but I wouldn't have been able to stand knowing there is a newer version coming out. Anyhow, I don't have an answer for you, but have you joined triumphrat.net yet? Those dudes know their Triumphs, that's for sure. If you have questions about the brand at all, I would ask there. They may still call you a squid for asking top end though. :lao

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha well, I bought it used for $5,500 so I think I made out alright. My budget was $4,500 so even this bike was quite a stretch, but for what I got, I think it was a steal. I went through a million threads over on triumphrat just trying to learn as much as I could about the bike. The little things I thought were problems seem to be pretty common so I won't worry about em' much anymore.

I'll ask my question over there when I get time to register.

·
at the track
3,121 Posts
I'd imagine it will do about 155-160 like 600's will.

·
Lowlife
7,019 Posts
Spike, don't get me wrong, that bike is super nice, I was just wondering. I figured if anything it would be about money. $4500 would have bought you about a half of the 675, so you gotta do what you can. Does the 650 have any mods? It looks like possibly an aftermarket pipe, anything else? Oh yes, read about the Tuneboy if you are thinking about getting more power--- rather than a Powercommander. I am stuck with the PC3 for now, but the tuneboy does more than the PC ie. reads trouble codes and makes your bike more tunable and more easily too. Just a heads up in case you didn't know.

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I know you weren't dogging on the bike, and it would probably be better if I had the 675 but, money talks (and I didn't have enough to walk the walk). It has a Jardine slip on, K&N, aftermarket LED front blinkers, and a "racemap" on the ECU done by a dealer. Everything else is stock. Because I went so far outside my budget to get the bike, I decided I wasn't going to spend any money on it, so no PC or other power adders, not anything actually. I bought a catch pan and oil and filter, that's it! Might I add that the oil was 51 dollars, the filter was 14 and the crush washer for the drain bolt was 1.75!

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
It will hit in the 150-160 range bro.

·
Habitual line-stepper
11,594 Posts
Just so you know, they make a fram filter for that bike. At least, i'd imagine so. It's the same as all the other FI triumphs, i think. It's FRAM part number PH6017A if my memory serves correctly (its the same for my bike). My Wal-Mart sells them.

Hee hee! cheap oil!!

And yeah- i just hope triumph keeps the 675 for more than a year before coming out with the 725 or something.... it's gotten silly.... TT600. No wait, Daytona 600. NO! WAIT! Daytona 650! all right, daytona 675......

·
20,852 Posts
Yea I think Fram does make one. Actaully I think Triumph only has 2 filters for all their bikes. 1 reg filter and 1 fillament filter so the one that fits the FI injected bikes should fit the 650 also. I get my oil through my local Autozone. A case of 6 quarts of Mobil1 4xt (which is what Triumph puts in it) is around $45 vs. $9.99 a quart at the dealer.

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys for the input.

The oil from the dealer that's in my bike (Mobil 4T Racing Synthetic) is something like 12.50 a quart when you break it down. It's one expensive ass oil change!

·
at the track
3,121 Posts
Shell Rotella T, it is cheap as hell

·
Habitual line-stepper
11,594 Posts
5niner0 said:
Shell Rotella T, it is cheap as hell
Hell, any synth blend/full synthetic 10w40 oil would be fine...

Stupid triumph requiring sythetic oil.... grrr....

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Even though the oil is expensive I think I'm just going to stick with the Mobil 4T.

·
20,852 Posts
Spike said:
Even though the oil is expensive I think I'm just going to stick with the Mobil 4T.

If you got an Autozone near ya bro.....get it there. $7.99 a quart vs. $12.50

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
They have the same oil there? I can check it out. I didn't know they had the same oil that motorcycles use at Autozone.

·
20,852 Posts
Spike said:
They have the same oil there? I can check it out. I didn't know they had the same oil that motorcycles use at Autozone.

Sure do bro. I went into my local one a few months ago and they had it there! They told me even if they don't stock it they could order it for people anyways. If your local one doesn't carry it get them to order it. Mine keeps it in stock and always keeps a case there unopened in case I need it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts