Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
WYPIWYG
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Measure your Chicken Strips and post 'em here!

I got 5/8".

730 miles

·
Registered
169 Posts
Genitalia size competition?

FFS... spare me!

·
Registered
482 Posts
Oh hell... I'll bite. Back, front, left, right

Nothing but +++ for the Conti Road Attacks.

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
the FZ6 is my first sportbike and with only 130 miles on it so far...I need to build up the confidence to lean way over. But I figure it will come with time. I need to trust those tires.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I loose too. None on front or back.

·
WYPIWYG
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey, don't shoot a man for being curious. I figured that there were guys out there with ZEROS but the pics are real nice. I too am a bit of a noob so it will be little while til my 5/8" drops to ZERO. I need to ease into that.

Ride at your own pace.

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
Fazer6PA said:
Hey, don't shoot a man for being curious. I figured that there were guys out there with ZEROS but the pics are real nice. I too am a bit of a noob so it will be little while til my 5/8" drops to ZERO. I need to ease into that.

Ride at your own pace.
My strips haven't changed. I don't know how big they are, all I know is that they're about even with the outside edge of the inside tread (that makes sense somehow).

Not a lot of twisties around here, and the roads that are twisty SUCK.

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
You'll have a hard time getting rid of them strips commuting in public streets, especially on the stock touring tires that came originally with the bike. I wouldn't be too intent in getting rid of them, if I were you. It's not a measure of how big a man or how good a rider you are! Always be safe and never test your limits nor the bike's in the streets. Have fun everyone and as always, RIDE SAFE!!!!!!

·
WYPIWYG
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
04Fizzer said:
My strips haven't changed. I don't know how big they are, all I know is that they're about even with the outside edge of the inside tread (that makes sense somehow).

Not a lot of twisties around here, and the roads that are twisty SUCK.

Upstate PA has some excellent twisy roads through the mountains...but then again, I guess upstate NY has similar terrain.

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
Fazer6PA said:
Upstate PA has some excellent twisy roads through the mountains...but then again, I guess upstate NY has similar terrain.
We don't have a lot of mountains around here. For the really good ones, I'd have to head down 15 into PA. At least, those are the only ones I know of.

·
WYPIWYG
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That is exactly where I was thinking of. Anywhere north of the Williamsport area is absolutely God's country. Some excellent fishin holes up there too.

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
Fazer6PA said:
That is exactly where I was thinking of. Anywhere north of the Williamsport area is absolutely God's country. Some excellent fishin holes up there too.
Williamsport is about a 2 hour ride/drive for me. But I've been tempted to hit the roads up around that Turkey farm/restaraunt.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Strips depend on the tire, too. Mine are gone on the Avon Azaros I'm using, but I still had plenty of space under the peg feeler.

+1 on taking it to the track if you're gonna be pushing it

·
Registered
80 Posts
FAZR6 said:
Since you asked.....
That's how mine looked Sunday after a 4 trips up and down on the 8 mile mountain run here. I still have battleaxes on mine and they take a little longer to melt than the true sports tire. They are fine once heated, but I always take a slower run to get them sticky. My commute kills true track tires, but they do the job for now.

·
Livin' on the Edge!
1,461 Posts
fizzygrrl, they are the edge of the tire that is unscuffed. They are called chicken strips because if you have wide one's then you are too chicken to lean the bike over far enough to scuff them off. Look at how the edge of my tires use to look. Those are chicken strips.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 44 Posts