Sport Bikes banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Catch them at night before they grow wing, soak in salty water overnight, dip in batter and deep fry. Taste great.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Woo hoo! None for me either, Brood VII and X in my area. I've only run through a few groups of flies so far. We got those emperor butterflies or whatever they were called last year, those hurt and left bright orange and yellow all over you.

·
the joke is in your hand
8,594 Posts
I didn't even notice them hitting me. they're pretty soft. not like a bee or beetle. those bastards are like rocks.

but the cicadas didn't make much of a noise. just a big white/yellow splatter. nothing more than a butterfly does.

it's the loud screeching sound they make that drives me insane. oh and when you start up anything loud like a saw they swarm at you. it's hilarious.

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
Today's warm weather had them screeching in the woods. I just got my dualsport fixed today and had to pull over and shut off the engine in the woods because I heard this awful screeching noise that I assumed was something bad going on with the bike... Turns out it was just the cicadas.

When I was a kid I used to get a few feet of fishing line and tie it around the cicada's body. It would then fly in circles around me while I had it leashed. Cool little trick as a kid, and it didn't hurt them. They'd fly away after I got bored and untied them.

·
Your friendly antagonist
2,346 Posts
Never heard of them before, I guess it's one thing I could be happy about in regards to living in this frozen hell hole. It's already approaching mid april and we still have snow, I'm going crazy.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Never heard of them before, I guess it's one thing I could be happy about in regards to living in this frozen hell hole. It's already approaching mid april and we still have snow, I'm going crazy.
They crawl out of the ground, climb a tree, do this, then fly around screwing and being stupid until they all die.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts