Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
my freind lives in texas and i get a message from him he wreked the bike but hes ok just sore.
edited to the real story from his mouth

he said it was 2 lane street Two Lane road, car and bike traveling in left lane. Right lane was free and the truck was waiting to enter traffic on the off street. the car stopped rapidly and bike swerved to the open right lane to avoid colision. the truck pulled into what was an open lane and the bike ran into the back of the truck in the right lane. both the bike and the truck pulled into the right lane at about the same time. not much damage to the bike. the rider was able to slow from 45-50 to about 10-15 before impact. the posted limit was 45.
http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1746

·
CaGeD FuRy !!!
231 Posts
sounds like no Laws were broken in this case. hence why they came up with the term accident.. i dont think they are accidents they are collisions. most often they can in some way be avoided. but then there are the exceptions where there is no time to think or react to a given situation. trust me i know first hand.. lets just hope none of you see the day your 10 ft in the air saying to yourself.. what the fuck just happened. then realizing after coming to that some moron coming the opposite direction had turned left in front of you not yeilding the right of way..

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Florida is a no-fault state. Each insurance company will pay for their covered person. Any liability would be subject to a fight in court and the bike would prolly loose given the circumstances and no accident report.

·
Registered
91 Posts

Am I reading this correctly? There is no police report? That is not gonna help with the insurance agent that is working with/against you.
As far as I can read there really is no one at fault in this situation. A truck pulling into traffic and a bike switching lanes at the wrong time. Just a bad situation at hand. Cannot really seem to blame either driver/rider in this one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts