Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
No Whammy No Whammy STOP!
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my free day from Gixxer.com, so Im booked for the whole weekend. Im thinking about caming Saturday night. Apparently there is supposed to be a good cookout that night. I know Todd is thinking about showing up Saturday to spectate/work on peoples suspension (ahem... over here... yeah, the black and red one...) and then ride Sunday, and Andy is coming out Sunday to ride as well. But I say get there Saturday, hangout, enjoy the cookout, drink a few beers, sleep them off, wake up fresh in the morning and go riding.

Who's with me!!!!

·
DT is happy it snowed
1,582 Posts
I will be leaving MKE at around 3-4pm on saturday to hang out and camp out until riding on sunday. I'll charge 1/2 of what Todd is charging to set the correct sag on people's bikes too!

·
That's factory, yo!
3,666 Posts
Dear Andy - it would be pretty tough to set sags with a broken hand... :nutkick

I will be campin' at the 'ole Motel 6 Janesville - which is just a step ahead of the accomidations at BHF!!!

I'm still kicking around the idea of riding Saturday...

Kevin, Sunday would probably be the best day to hang out, since Tom, Andy and I are riding.

·
Registered
266 Posts
funkyninja said:
Anyone spectating Sunday? I'm going to the Brewer game saturday night as of now.
i'm actually goin to that game too! but would be interested in going down there to watch. U taking the bike or a car?

·
DT is happy it snowed
1,582 Posts
Haha, I was kidding with that sag thing as that is Todd's deal. Although I would always be willing to help someone out at the track if they wanted to try and work through it. Sags aren't all that tough to do. As for dampening settings... you'd be on your own with that one. Stuff like that is were experience helps and seeing the friendly folks at Trackside is the way to go! (do I get a discount now for a fork rebuild Todd???)

·
Registered
508 Posts
grr... I want to do the track day, but I don't have my bike back yet and my gear is still on its way.

Whats the next one around here? And are my stock diablo corsa's (3k miles on them) good enough?

·
That's factory, yo!
3,666 Posts
Did you order gear?! I have a number for you to call about that suit (Teej too)...

NESBA runs at BHF about once-a-month. Next meeting is the end of July.

Check:
www.nesba.com
www.sportbiketracktime.com
www.privatetracktime.com

...though people around here seem very partial to NESBA - myself included.

And yes, your Corsa's will be more than fine. Alan Fedderson (fastest control rider) ran 1:13s at Blackhawk on Corsas!!! I've been into the 1:21s on 'em.

·
Registered
324 Posts
If I'm around this weekend, I'll come spectate for Sunday.

For those who are thinking of going Sunday, would anyone be interested in meeting someplace to ride out there?
Just post up...I have no problems driving up to Milwaukee to meet up with anyone and then turn around and head back south (south west that is).

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Same suit? Heh.

I'd be interested in checking it out, although I'm currently the most "into" a fitness kick that I've been in 10 years...running and not really "dieting" as I'm not being too fussy about what I do and don't eat...but I'm watching how much and cut waaaaaay back on soda.

Unfortunately for the running I think the running shoes I have aren't well suited to my feet. Heading to the shoe store tonight. My knees have been a little unhappy after running for a week now...today they were downright pissed...and I'm not even in good enough shape yet to where I'd run 'em a whole lot...maybe a mile tops.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Barring any rain, I'm planning on coming down to spectate on Sunday.

·
Registered
651 Posts
VTEC_EATER said:
I got my free day from Gixxer.com, so Im booked for the whole weekend.
How did you get a free day from Gixxer.com??

·
Registered
384 Posts
Murf99 said:
Kevin, Sunday would probably be the best day to hang out, since Tom, Andy and I are riding.
Yea it'll be cool to see more riders I know, but I'm just looking to hang out with someone besides myself for the day.

incognito0160 said:
i'm actually goin to that game too! but would be interested in going down there to watch. U taking the bike or a car?
Definately taking a car to the game. I will be drinking before and possibly after the game. Not sure if I'm riding down or taking the car to BHF. Just haven't decided yet. What day are you thinking of going?

·
Registered
266 Posts
i'd go on sunday to watch the sbn guys run around the track. i guess it depends on the weather too, I dont' wanna be sitting out there in the rain.

·
DT is happy it snowed
1,582 Posts
It'll be nice to meet some of you guys. Hopefully I won't do something silly like crash and embarrass myself. (shoot, I think I might have just jinxed myself :lol )

·
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Rogue6 said:
It'll be nice to meet some of you guys. Hopefully I won't do something silly like crash and embarrass myself. (shoot, I think I might have just jinxed myself :lol )
Damn it, dont say things like that! I am already nervous enough right now, but it all seems to go away the second I hop on the bike. I suppose its better that way instead of being cool all week, and then hoping on the bike and saying "OH SHIT!!!"

As for the free track day through Gixxer.com. Im just good like that. :)

·
That's factory, yo!
3,666 Posts
Murf99 said:
I will be campin' at the 'ole Motel 6 Janesville
Okay - I take that back... I guess Linsay isn't signed up this weekend. Anybody want to split a hotel room?

·
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
How much is the hotel room? Is it cheaper than me buying a tent? If so, Im in.

·
DT is happy it snowed
1,582 Posts
I plan on sleeping in the bed of my truck on a camping matress. Nothing but the finest for me!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts