Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DAMN I'm feeling good!! Last weekend, I took and passed my MSF course with a near perfect score (missed a few points on the braking test, started braking a split second too late). I had a lot of fun, and am VERY glad that I took it. The class taught me so much that I wouldn't have known otherwise.

And today I went and bought a 1990 Ninja EX500 :banana A little older, but it looks sweet (black and grey, with red rims and accents, lower fairing and all :)), and it's only got 10,790 miles on it! I paid $2598 out the door, because I bought it from a dealership. Maybe a little more than I should've paid, but they cleaned the carbs, tuned it up, and gave me a brand new battery. It was a very easy, hassle free process. Now I just have to wait for my gear to arrive (ordered a black Shoei RF-1000, red A-stars TZ-1 jacket, red/black SP-1 gloves, and black GPS-3 boots...yeah, I know, I'm gonna be a rolling A-stars billboard, but I like their stuff, I've tried all of it on and really liked the fit, and the gear gets great reviews. I'll get pants before too long). After I get my gear, I'll be practicing what I learned in the MSF course a LOT before heading out on the road.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Congratulations on passing and your machine purchase!

Sounds like you did pay a little much for a 1990 machine, esp. a 14-year old Ninja. You might have been able to get a newer 250 for the same price your paid for your 500. Water over the dam at this point, right?

Just go out there and learn. Definately recommend the closest industrial park or abandoned mall, etc. parking lot practice for a few days or weeks, whenever you have the coordinattation and familiarity of the bike to take on public roads. Be sure to wear your gear every time you throw a leg over!

Don't worry about the A* billboard thing. I have A* TZ-1 jacket, A* Twin pants, A* Alloy gloves, A* textile jacket (for hot days), and Oxtar boots. I like the fit and look of A* over the other brands. I have the same helmet, but decided on the silver color, and plan on getting a graphic one later this season.

Get the pants, you'll be glad you did. I have a ton of rocks miss my fairing and tag me in the knee. Chicks dig them too, which of course, is another valid reason to get leather pants.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
congrat's on completing the msf course and getting the bike, just be careful out there and keep an eye out for all of the cages.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Grats bro, I'm just glad we finally found an EX500 like you wanted for a semi decent price. It is afterall the week before the 4th and it's clean ;-) can't wait to start riding! :cheers

·
Registered
968 Posts
:needpics

Great bike to learn on. Congrats.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Oni said:
:needpics

Great bike to learn on. Congrats.
Hahaha...Haven't had a chance to snap any pics of my own yet, but here's a link to the online ad that I found it through. Has several pics, they just aren't that great. The weather is supposed to be great this weekend, so hopefully I get some good pics.Link to ad.

And thanks, I'm VERY happy with my purchase!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts