Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering how many ppl watch the motorcycle races on tv. i watch all the AMA/FIM/MotoGP road races whenever they are on. I could care less about the dirtbike races though.

also, i think its fckn hilarioius the way the announcers on the foreign races (motogp and fim) get so excited and into the race.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
TRocket said:
just wondering how many ppl watch the motorcycle races on tv. i watch all the AMA/FIM/MotoGP road races whenever they are on. I could care less about the dirtbike races though.

also, i think its fckn hilarioius the way the announcers on the foreign races (motogp and fim) get so excited and into the race.

I do when I have the op. There are many overplayed types of racing broadcast that surely we could have less of and more road racing, motard & drag racing.

Actually, if we had more people here on the North American Continent get as excited as those in Europe. These sports would take-off and go well here. Oh yeah, we would have to take care of the less enlightened ones that tend to give us all bad names.

:beer

·
Superbike fan
871 Posts
I'm a big fan of the AMA series. I always make sure I watch or tape those. If I catch the MotoGP and World Superbikes it's a bonus.

I've been going to Mid-Ohio for the races since '93. Lately I've been going to more though. I'll be taking a road trip to Road America next weekend. So far I've been to Mid-Ohio, Road America, Road Atlanta, and Virgina International Raceway. I was hoping to go to Brainerd this year, too bad. Going to the track for a race weekend is a blast. If you get the chance, DO IT!

·
Registered
251 Posts
I only wish Speed Channel would show a bit more bike racing....and stuff on bikes in general (Two Wheel Tuesday is barely about bikes). It's almost the "NASCAR Channel 24/7" nowadays...no offense to NASCAR fans, but F1, IRL, and bikes are more interesting to me.

·
Registered
81 Posts
likebikes said:
I'm a big fan of the AMA series. I always make sure I watch or tape those. If I catch the MotoGP and World Superbikes it's a bonus.

I've been going to Mid-Ohio for the races since '93. Lately I've been going to more though. I'll be taking a road trip to Road America next weekend. So far I've been to Mid-Ohio, Road America, Road Atlanta, and Virgina International Raceway. I was hoping to go to Brainerd this year, too bad. Going to the track for a race weekend is a blast. If you get the chance, DO IT!
I live in SE Michigan too- what's the ride time down there, and is there anything other than superslabbin it without adding too much time? If I'm riding for 2 hrs, I'd rather make it 3 for some twistie bits.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I watch every race thats on and i go to the AMA race at Pikes Peak every year (PPIR) i wish they showed more of the TT Isle Of Man, that racing is crazy

·
Eurofag
1,792 Posts
Living in England I'm quite fortunate when it comes to bike racing on tv. :)

I've got cable so I get Eurosport and all the Sky sports channels, and Eurosports coverage of MotoGP is ace, all races are live with about 5hrs of coverage with all the 125's, 250's and MotoGP races (and they all get repeated throughout the week). I also get all the WSB and World Supersports (600's), all the British superbike and supersports races live, we get your AMA superbike races, the World endurance races, plus plenty of trials and some drag racing.

With the cars we get all the F1 and F3000 races, WTCC (World touring cars), BTCC (British touring cars), lots of WRC (World rally), and your Indy cars and Nascar.

..still too much bleedin' tennis and golf though. :lol

·
Registered
706 Posts
CornerKiller said:
I live in SE Michigan too- what's the ride time down there, and is there anything other than superslabbin it without adding too much time? If I'm riding for 2 hrs, I'd rather make it 3 for some twistie bits.
I am also planning on making Mid-Ohio my first AMA weekend whether I ride or not. Maybe there could be a ride planned down there one year, get a good group to go.

As far as the TV goes. I watch them whenever I catch them on. I try to tape what I can (yeah, TIVO, I know :bitchslap ) if I can't stick around to watch it.

·
Superbike fan
871 Posts
CornerKiller said:
We take the bikes down on a trailer because my brother has a motorhome. That's about 3.5-4 hours.

There are ways to go back roads. I did it in a car going to the CART race there once. We took the highway down to Ohio. A little ways in to Ohio US23 turns to a 2 lane highway. We took US23 to US30 to OH314, all 2 lane blacktop. None are real exciting though.

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
bomma said:
Living in England I'm quite fortunate when it comes to bike racing on tv. :)

I've got cable so I get Eurosport and all the Sky sports channels, and Eurosports coverage of MotoGP is ace, all races are live with about 5hrs of coverage with all the 125's, 250's and MotoGP races (and they all get repeated throughout the week). I also get all the WSB and World Supersports (600's), all the British superbike and supersports races live, we get your AMA superbike races, the World endurance races, plus plenty of trials and some drag racing.

With the cars we get all the F1 and F3000 races, WTCC (World touring cars), BTCC (British touring cars), lots of WRC (World rally), and your Indy cars and Nascar.

..still too much bleedin' tennis and golf though. :lol
i hate you :bitchslap

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I don't get the Speed Channel. My mom was gonna get it for us but you had to buy a package deal that was $30 a month. Now I just get my brother to download the races for me and burn them onto a CD.

·
Registered
211 Posts
bpmull said:
I don't get the Speed Channel. My mom was gonna get it for us but you had to buy a package deal that was $30 a month. Now I just get my brother to download the races for me and burn them onto a CD.

Man you are lucky up here to get the Speed Channel you are looking the $100 a month cable packege at the lowest but. have to have it so I pay it. LOL! I watch them all and if it is on and I am riding I tivo it and then watch it when I get home.

·
Banned
1,153 Posts
perkdaddy69 said:
Man you are lucky up here to get the Speed Channel you are looking the $100 a month cable packege at the lowest but. have to have it so I pay it. LOL! I watch them all and if it is on and I am riding I tivo it and then watch it when I get home.
Why don't you get dish network, or directv?

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
I watch them when I'm not to busy. But I have a track 1/2 mile from my house so I just go there to watch races. Living that close they give us discounts so people don't bitch about all the noise. Keeps us all happy.

·
Registered
592 Posts
TRocket said:
i get into the races to. its exciting stuff. like when rossi made that dirty pass on setti at the start of the season i was yelling

·
Registered
357 Posts
TRocket said:

I love the announcers, beats the hell out of the boring ass announcers we have in the states.

·
Registered
357 Posts
loveMyGsxr1000 said:
i get into the races to. its exciting stuff. like when rossi made that dirty pass on setti at the start of the season i was yelling
Ha! I was standing up that whole last lap! That sh*t was intense!

·
Old school fool
5,720 Posts
I saw some Japanese race on TV Sunday - I was pretty surprised, since I don't really read the papers I can't check the schedule so I just bumped into it. I gotta say that even though I haven't seen any bike racing for a while, it was pretty boring. The announcers were dull as hell, you'd have thought it was a tennis match or a golf game.

One thing that was cool, I saw them interview one of the racers and he's a guy I know. He runs the dealer close to my wife's parent's house, I helped a friend buy a bike from there and when I lived in Kyoto I used to stop by and check out the new Suzukis at his shop. It's funny to suddenly see someone like that being interviewed - I knew he was a racer, but I didn't know how good he was.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts