Sport Bikes banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who wants to ride? Say 8:45ish? We can meet up at the state fair grounds or something and cruise hillsborough street or something tame. Just to get out and ride. Oh and I am a puss, and new, so nothing hard core.

·
Banned
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
alrighty I am out. You can try and reach me on the cell, but there is a good chance I won't be able to answer. (910)934-1914 oh and my aim is chrsscott4

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
Sorry I missed ya last night. Just keep posting if you want to ride. Someone will get out with you.

·
Banned
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its cool. I didn't wait around I wanted to get out. So I basically posted then 5-10min.s later I was out. It was fun none the less. I am getting better at the basics, I haven't stalled at a stop in a while, and shifting is becoming a lot smoother. I am working on getting everything to be a smooth constant motion before I work on getting fast. I am down for a casual ride tomorrow night if anyone else is down. I get out of work at 5:30 and I am normally home around 6ish. So any time after that I am down. I just wanna get out there and riding by yourself is only fun for a little while. There was a buddy of mine who was supposed to get a bike but he punked out. That seems to be the story of my life and my friends. Its really hard to find someone who will actually do what they say they are gonna do. Maybe its cause I don't have a S/O to report back to. I mean my fiance wasn't cool about me getting a bike but she didn't tell me I couldn't do it.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I don't even think it's the S/O . I know for me it's the kids. Have to schedule everything around them man. Kills the plans all the time. I try not to even plan any more. Just get out when I can. I have my normal riding days (other than work) planned out. Sundays I'm free and Sat's early morning. Generally on Monday and Wednesday nights I'll ride also. The other times I'm in with the kids so she can get some time to herself and then ofcourse you have to have the family time planned. Before the kids, I rode all the damn time. Hopefully, you'll find one or two buddies who can get out there with you more often. If not, hit me up on the days mentioned and I'm there.

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
up1night2000 said:
I don't even think it's the S/O . I know for me it's the kids. Have to schedule everything around them man. Kills the plans all the time. I try not to even plan any more. Just get out when I can. I have my normal riding days (other than work) planned out. Sundays I'm free and Sat's early morning. Generally on Monday and Wednesday nights I'll ride also. The other times I'm in with the kids so she can get some time to herself and then ofcourse you have to have the family time planned. Before the kids, I rode all the damn time. Hopefully, you'll find one or two buddies who can get out there with you more often. If not, hit me up on the days mentioned and I'm there.
Same here....my wife lets me ride whenever I want. But I feel kind of guilty and try to spend time with my baby girl before she goes to bed every night. They grow up so fast and I don't want to miss this time with her. Not that I don't want to spend time with the wife but we've been together so long, that's not as much of an issue. You need to call me Jay before you head out on Saturday mornings and I'll meet you.

·
Registered
262 Posts
ha ha ha ha You got served!!

last week monday ride, kazlab here stalled, with a bit of a jerk at the lite. i think he accidently hit his foot onto the shifter, putting it in first, from neutral..was just funny to see...probly had to be there.

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
TheFizzer said:
ha ha ha ha You got served!!

last week monday ride, kazlab here stalled, with a bit of a jerk at the lite. i think he accidently hit his foot onto the shifter, putting it in first, from neutral..was just funny to see...probly had to be there.

Bastards!!! I was testing my shifter...hehe

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Hey man if you wanna go ride tomorrow just say a place to meet and when and I'd love to go for a ride. I don't know many people around here who ride, and I'm still a squid at the streetbike deal too. Heck, it'll be nice to ride with someone on the forum too so that maybe then I can have a witness to the fact that I can actually ride my bike and I'm not some kinda parking lot princess or something haha.

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
I posted in your other thread man...we can ride tommorrow if ya want...I'll meet ya wherever...gotta take it easy though...sportin the ticket..doh!

·
Banned
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
kazlab67 said:
I posted in your other thread man...we can ride tommorrow if ya want...I'll meet ya wherever...gotta take it easy though...sportin the ticket..doh!

dude I won't even break the speed limit so I am down. I am stilll really really cautious, and new. I have ridden my bike maybe 6 or 7 times total right now.

·
Banned
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh yeah I am down tomorrow, I was gonna start my carb break down and cleaning. But I think I will start that thurs. and hope to finish it up fri after work. Ummm how bout we meet at say 6:30 somewhere near NCSU if that is cool with you guys. I am pretty familiar with State so anywhere near there I could prolly figure. I know snookay has a thread for tommorrow also, so I am sure he is down.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts