Sport Bikes banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
There's a bunch of NSR250s on Ebay right now too...

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Good lord that's sexy! If I had $25k...... I'd be buying that bad boy for myself! Sorry Gimp. :D

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jake said:
Good lord that's sexy! If I had $25k...... I'd be buying that bad boy for myself! Sorry Gimp. :D

What's up Jake...long time no talk. I sent you a message on AIM the other day but you were away.

I'll have to hit you up sometime in the next few days...I got alot of shit on my mind that I need a neutral party to weigh in on...

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Scott_R6 said:
its a damn sexy bike and one hell of a performer for its time but its not worth that

That's debateable.

If you're saying it's not worth it based on the fact that you can get better performance for less, then that's correct...

...however, I view it as completely worth it due to the fact that it's 1 of 50 shipped to the United States and 1 of 500 ever made.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I must be missing something. An 8 year old 750 cc bike, not one of a kind, not a flat out race bike from the factory team, but one of 500 made? Sounds a bit overpriced to me. It is kinda sexy looking though.

edit: yeah, that's what i was thinking ^^. I was typing while you were posting.

·
mmm mmm good...
6,958 Posts
not factory race?

they just didn't sell those to anyone off the street. you had to be race certified to buy it....the technology in that bike if fantastic, and will lay any other 750 to rest.

if you get the stage I kit for it, you can unlock the second injectors and pull 35 more hp from her....

Edit: has the stage I kit.....definitely worth the money.

·
Banned
2,381 Posts
Gimpdiggity said:
That's debateable.

If you're saying it's not worth it based on the fact that you can get better performance for less, then that's correct...

...however, I view it as completely worth it due to the fact that it's 1 of 50 shipped to the United States and 1 of 500 ever made.
dont get me wrong I love the bike but $25k??????

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
kch88 said:
I must be missing something. An 8 year old 750 cc bike, not one of a kind, not a flat out race bike from the factory team, but one of 500 made? Sounds a bit overpriced to me. It is kinda sexy looking though.

edit: yeah, that's what i was thinking ^^. I was typing while you were posting.

Ummmmm....R7s ARE racebikes.

If I'm not mistaken, they have to have some mods done to them to make them street legal.

And like Choco said, with the race kit you are able to access second injectors on each cylinder which makes the thing an absolute BEAST.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Yeah. Alright. Like I said, I knew I had to be missing something... So 35 extra HP sounds pretty beastly. But still, 25k sounds like an awful lot of money.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Gimpdiggity said:
What's up Jake...long time no talk. I sent you a message on AIM the other day but you were away.

I'll have to hit you up sometime in the next few days...I got alot of shit on my mind that I need a neutral party to weigh in on...
Hey, I saw you messaged me. Shoot me a message, I'll be around all weekend. I actually have somethings to discuss too.

·
Registered
78 Posts
If you don't understand then its not for you.
Anybody who was into WSBK during its prime will tell you an R7 was the final word in 750cc race bikes.
and the only one you could get for the street in the US.
its a collector/yamaha fan thing.

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
egon675 said:
If you don't understand then its not for you.
Anybody who was into WSBK during its prime will tell you an R7 was the final word in 750cc race bikes.
and the only one you could get for the street in the US.
its a collector/yamaha fan thing.

Yah, maybe that's why I'd give my left nut for it.

I'm a Yamaha fan, and I LOVE things that nobody else has.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts