1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
My 650 eats 1000s
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Mediocre Strafer
9,137 Posts
So Jag trying to play with the big boys and decided to stick a HUGE wing on a car and brag about it's 500HP (Oh WOW, never heard of such power!!) like it means something? $170,000+?? Less than $40,000 in American muscle will make Jaguar go home crying! ROFL. FAIL! #justsaying #dontkillmessenger

2014 Jaguar XKR-S GT DETAILED overview and rolling shots! FULL VERSION - YouTube

:eek:mg
Gee, and you could beat the Mustang with an SV-650 for even less!

:rolleyes

Thanks for the cool Jag video!
KeS

·
Super Moderator
4,659 Posts
Nice looking car.

·
the joke is in your hand
8,594 Posts
yeah that jag is 100 times the car a mustang is. you're comparing apples to oranges. yeah the mustang packs a nice engine in their car but the car technology in the mustang is nothing more than a car from the 1980's.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
So Jag trying to play with the big boys and decided to stick a HUGE wing on a car and brag about it's 500HP (Oh WOW, never heard of such power!!) like it means something? $170,000+?? Less than $40,000 in American muscle will make Jaguar go home crying! ROFL. FAIL! #justsaying #dontkillmessenger

2014 Jaguar XKR-S GT DETAILED overview and rolling shots! FULL VERSION - YouTube

:eek:mg
For $40,000, i would buy 3 bikes and a cheap car and tell you how much better i got it with 5 paid off vehicles versus any of your situations.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
yeah that jag is 100 times the car a mustang is. you're comparing apples to oranges. yeah the mustang packs a nice engine in their car but the car technology in the mustang is nothing more than a car from the 1980's.
wow you must not be up to date on the current generation of Stang.
because uh, it is 100% modern sports car. same with the SS and ZL1 Camaro.

Or hell, keep spouting total bullshit and get back to me when it sinks in that you are wrong.

On topic, Jag has never really had the fastest cars out there (before anyone says anything, yes, I know that Aston and Jag have both won numerous racing titles, and Jag did build the XJ220 back in 92. I know all about it). they are kinda like aston martin. a metric fuckton of cars will pwn an aston around a track.
not many cars come with the style of an Aston or a Jag.

·
My 650 eats 1000s
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
When you say modern tech, what you mean? what is so modern about mustang?]
wow you must not be up to date on the current generation of Stang.
because uh, it is 100% modern sports car. same with the SS and ZL1 Camaro.

Or hell, keep spouting total bullshit and get back to me when it sinks in that you are wrong.

On topic, Jag has never really had the fastest cars out there (before anyone says anything, yes, I know that Aston and Jag have both won numerous racing titles, and Jag did build the XJ220 back in 92. I know all about it). they are kinda like aston martin. a metric fuckton of cars will pwn an aston around a track.
not many cars come with the style of an Aston or a Jag.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
I really shouldn't have to go over it. the Coyote powered stang is plenty quick for a 40 thousand dollar car. the most thrown around anecdote is the fact that in a test during the early life of the current gen stang, it happily kept up with a current gen BMW M3 around one track or another (for some reason I wanna say VIR).

the Camaro uses some rather advanced suspension tech to acheive it's handling characteristics from a 3800 pound vehicle. Magnetic ride is kinda cool, innit?

end of the day, technology means not a thing, times and performance do. There is nothing slow about a new SS camaro or GT mustang. pushrods, leaf springs, whatever is used, doesn't matter. they are fast. end of story.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
I'm not bothering to watch. less me guess, he shunted it because the GT500 still doesn't hook for shit.

edit: curiosity got me.

top gear video, showing a pretty decent laptime.
and then clarkson says something fuckin stupid.

1 - 20 of 155 Posts