Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thing is about a mile from my house...hasn't touched down yet and falling apart but heading this way.

·
20,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If we had one :lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've always wanted to see a tornado in person, but not too close! Also you should be happy it doesn't look like this.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
^ +1

At least it isn't destructive.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
I love bad weather.....cool pic rascus.

·
Registered
145 Posts
You always got to love the people that go outside and take pics or film during a tornado...I'm just kdding...those pics are sweet!As long as it wasn't disaterous anyways...

·
20,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sweet, they're going to use them for the 10pm News show :metal

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Rascus said:
Sweet, they're going to use them for the 10pm News show :metal

now you're rich.....now you're famous.....big ass girls all know your nameas.
:lol

I got those words from a song I heard.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Rascus said:
This thing is about a mile from my house...hasn't touched down yet and falling apart but heading this way.
wow, sweet shot, weather is so awsome, we are grains of sand in comparison.

·
Registered
670 Posts
wow thats cool! the closest ive seen is a dust devil. Rode through one once getting hit by dirt, small rocks, and garbage, that sucked. yesterday there was a big ass one but traffic on the highway stopped till it was off the road

·
20,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They just put 3 of my 4 photos on the news...i got my 15mins of fame :lol

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
We get tornados like you guys get hurricans. We have a few a year aroun=d here.

·
20,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
FloridaMike said:
Is that a tornado or "water spout"?
It looks like a spout but this one is about 6 miles inland

·
Registered
471 Posts
Rascus said:
It looks like a spout but this one is about 6 miles inland
gotcha

Here on the south east coast of florida, we get those spouts pretty often. They never make it to land though, if they do, they dissipate within seconds. Fun to watch though.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Tornadoes are cool to look at, until one involves you or somebody you know. I was working for a fiber optic company in Indiana in 2000 and a storm front was coming in. I kept telling the guys to get off the machines and load up to go home, but they were insistent on finishing this bore. All of a sudden, one came out of nowhere. I was screaming for them to get the hell out of there, but it was too late. Luckily, it hadn't touched down fully but it knocked me into my car which was about 5 feet away. My supervisor was a mile down the road, actually coming to my spot to tell the guys to get the hell of the machines and get to a safe place, and it picked his truck up, spun it 360 degrees in the air, and set it back down. A mile after that, people weren't so lucky.

So while it is awesome to see natures force, just be glad that none of you have ever felt it. I live in Mobile, Alabama, home of Hurricane Frederick, and I can tell you first hand that I'm a whole helluva lot more scared of a tornado than a hurricane. I've driven in a tropical storm, but I don't want to be anywhere near a tornado again.

·
how bout dem deadskins
3,235 Posts
thats wild.. hope the vacationers remember to take the rain coats

1 - 20 of 29 Posts