Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
the joke is in your hand
8,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it's buuullllllshiiiit!
it's no better than any chain lube at attracting dirt and flinging off...and I doubt it's all that better as a lube. there's no lube to be found after just one 130 miles ride. just dry dirt.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
It does need to be applied more than wax but it doesn't fling if you do it right. Been using the stuff since 2012.

·
Forever the Man
2,901 Posts
Used it on my FZ6 from the time I got it in 2006. Got 32k miles from OEM chain and sprockets. Have two miles of dusty gravel road to navigate twice a day. Lubed the chain once a week ~ 400 miles. It doesn't sling off all over the wheels like other lubes. It does attract a fine layer of dust on the exterior of the chain. Spray new lube on and it flushes it off. It developed a cult like following on the late great cult like FZ6 sub-forum here. Nasaman I believe was one who particularly sang it's praises. Unfortunately no lube can help the pos chain Honda puts on the NC700X that I have now. At 8k miles it's done, which is the average every other owner on the X forum I'm on gets.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
It does attract dirt like the others, but it's light and doesn't fling off much for me. What little does end up on my rim wipes off very easily. But i apply it to a well cleaned and dry chain, then i let it set up a bit and wipe off the excess. It's not a miracle lube, but i like it best out of the 6 or 7 others I've tried. I'll certainly never use chain wax again.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
80/90 gear oil.

Done.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
I still think the dupont spray is the best and the easiest to apply, people can use bacon grease or horse jizz or what ever grease they want that is not specifically made for chains but the dupont teflon spray works and is convenient. They even make a small can for travel.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
Hm, oddly enough, I do believe my owners manual says to clean with kerosene and use 80/90 gear oil. . .

well damn eh?

·
After Me Lucky Charms
5,281 Posts
You ARE suppose to wipe it down after applying it, but it looks like it cleaned really well. There will ALWAYS be some kind of dirt layer on a chain, but it's a lot less than anything else I've used.

In my area they stopped carrying it, but do have the chain wax, so I use kerosene to clean, then apply DuPont chain wax.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
It's hard to find around here too. I ordered a case of the DuPont spray on Amazon last year, i think I'm good for the next 5.

·
the joke is in your hand
8,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I just searched for DuPont grunge brush and it had 1 result of a knockoff brush with the cleaner and lube for a lot more than all 3 cost at wally world.
40 plus 15 shipping. Wow what a rip off.

That stuff is about 27 at wally world

·
the joke is in your hand
8,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I used to use it on my stock chain. It is the best I've tried but it's white and looks like shit. I'd like to see what their blue tac lube is like.

Edit nevermind it's also white/blueish.

I'm about to just go back to using maxima chain wax. Besides the super clean from belray it's one of the better lubes I've tried. Maxima's clear lube is extremely messy

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I used to use it on my stock chain. It is the best I've tried but it's white and looks like shit. I'd like to see what their blue tac lube is like.

Edit nevermind it's also white/blueish.

I'm about to just go back to using maxima chain wax. Besides the super clean from belray it's one of the better lubes I've tried. Maxima's clear lube is extremely messy
I always wipe down my side plates after lubing.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Where do I get equine ejaculate in a spray can? Currently all I can find is plastic bottles which are just so inconvenient to use and it just sticks everywhere.

·
the joke is in your hand
8,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
meh, it's an O-ring chain. i just make sure it's clean and not rusting.
Wrong. Go look at your chain. Notice the rollers how much play there is between the links. And they should all move freely. Under those are where you need lube.
They can seize and break off. I've seen chains with missing ones and they have a hell of a tight spot and cause a loud squeak as it rotates.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts