Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
I would have to say any bike will lean it's the rider that don't.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know I just have a chip on my shoulder from hearing "wow you got a busa man those things go fast but they can't turn" every time I tell someone new I have a busa. So thats the reason for the post :)

·
Registered
321 Posts
MoTrFinger said:
I know I just have a chip on my shoulder from hearing "wow you got a busa man those things go fast but they can't turn" every time I tell someone new I have a busa. So thats the reason for the post :)
I think what most people mean in their statements about the Busa, is that the Busa will be dog meat following a 600 through some real tight tech turns, with equal riders.

The Busa, being a sport-touring can lean, and lean good as your excellent pictures show. However,it cannot rail like the lighter bikes with equal riders.. :lol :lol

ceh
2001 GSX R1000
2003 RC51
(63 & fast)

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Having now owned the bike (fulfulling a personal goal) I've taken my riding to a new level and I do see the reality a 3" shorter wheel base and 75-100lbs less weight can do especially in the tight twisties and as soon as I get over the love of doing 180+ (liter bikes just are not as smooth at those speeds) and focus only on twisties I will likely trade in my busa for an R1 or GSXR 1000 but that's next year likely. Its obvious when I run with 500, 750s they are tighter in the turns its just so fun to make up 300ft of distance on the straight in about 1.5 seconds :) and the pull isjust fantastic unlike anything I've ever riden.

Thanks your feedback.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
nice pics, and I agree it's more of the rider's ability than the bike in most cases.

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
I miss Palomar...too bad it's getting so crazy to ride up there. Not even worth it anymore

·
Registered
926 Posts
its not that a busa 'wont' lean, its that it takes a lot more to get it to lean.

nice pics btw :)

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
Nice pics. But Full Tilt has well proven that Busas can lean. Do a search on "Kill Busa" he's got a low-quality version that's 30 minutes and 40ish mb. Well worth the download. :D

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
If you like the power but want a tad better handling -the zx12 may be a better choice. I had a Busa and the 12 is much better in the corners and on the track.

Im sure a GSXR1000 or zx10 would be optimal for that type of riding. But then again, most people don't buy a Busa for tight cornering.

·
Premium Member
9,239 Posts
Here is one of my favorite Busa pics. I don't know who the rider is but, He's got this thing leaned over pretty good.

Attachments

·
Registered
926 Posts
Justin726 said:
Here is one of my favorite Busa pics. I don't know who the rider is but, He's got this thing leaned over pretty good.
thats a sweet pic, but it looks likes hes goin down :eek:

i know too well that when hard parts drag, your ass is next. :D

·
Premium Member
9,239 Posts
RSRCR said:
thats a sweet pic, but it looks likes hes goin down :eek:

i know too well that when hard parts drag, your ass is next. :D
Na, he ain't goin down. Here's even another shot of the lean. Pretty sweet, eh?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Justin726 said:
for a sec i thought that was you! :leghump gotta love the color. nice pics BTW. one day ill be able to do that! :twofinger

·
Super Moderator
4,659 Posts
Great pics!

·
Registered
926 Posts
that is sweet.

were the sparks in the 1st pic photoshopped in there? cuz all it takes is jsut a little weight on a hard part (i.e. after market rearsets or a pipe in this situation) and your ass is sliding.

im not doubting the busas capabilities, thats just what it looked like in that particular picture.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
RSRCR said:
that is sweet.

were the sparks in the 1st pic photoshopped in there? cuz all it takes is jsut a little weight on a hard part (i.e. after market rearsets or a pipe in this situation) and your ass is sliding.QUOTE]

That's not necessarily true. People scrape pegs all the time, causing sparks just like that and they ride away just fine.

·
Posse Pimp Daddy #1
2,767 Posts
Wow...... i love these pics. I will have to get a busa one day. For now I'll keep learning on the SV.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Justin726 said:
Na, he ain't goin down. Here's even another shot of the lean. Pretty sweet, eh?
Wow thats some lean he's obviously been on the bike and that track a few times.... ya think :)

·
Banned
1,553 Posts
All I can say about that guy is.....brass balls.... BRASSSSS BALLLSSSS..... Least they're factory mufflers... You can't feel too bad about dragging factory parts. Just a good excuse to replace them with aftermarket then. :lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts