Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Francis That [email protected]#%H

I know its to early to really tell and I don't wish any harm to Jax area, but sure hope it misses us. I live in Lake Wales, had several trees down, singles gone, barn roof gone,both of which are replaced already and lived 7 days without power. Not to mention the stress of getting work prepared for strike!

I do not want to go through that again and I consider myself one of the luckly ones. At least I still have a home. So pray for this thing to turn more northeast and back into the Atlantic. If you haven't see the power of these storms you don't want to!!!! It isn't pretty or fun.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glad to hear you have your life back together.

Well...I HOPE it strikes near us, regardless of what happens to my house/property. Yeah, it is a PITA to 'pick up the pieces', but the magnificance of what it is (beauty, power, magnitude)...that is all worth it. Once you have been through one, there is no other natural occurance that comes close. I feel empathy for the families who live in trailers and such and usually have a few stupid family members staying behind IN the trailer and they die, alas...that is part of life and the process of natural selection.

Now...to find a friend/family member that owns a video camera. yeah...I am a storm chaser. :D

p.s. Ever been so close to lightning that you were temporarily blinded? Shortly after...three houses down from me an inferno of fire began, totally anihilating the families home (while they were on vacation). :(

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Good lord I am scared shitless :(!!! I live beach front just south of Daytona Beach, I wonder if I'll have a house to come home to after this thing hits :cry...

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Expecting the final force to be just shy of a CAT5. If your house catches any portion of the tail...dont expect to find much other than toothpicks.

I have a feeling your parents house will be fine though. *wink*
The path will most likely end up close to us, or in SC somewhere.

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
SicFLgirlR6 said:
Good lord I am scared shitless :(!!! I live beach front just south of Daytona Beach, I wonder if I'll have a house to come home to after this thing hits :cry...
And no I don't live in a trailer, but any kind of storm surge 15' means my parents 2 story beach house will be under water...

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SicFLgirlR6 said:
And no I don't live in a trailer, but any kind of storm surge 15' means my parents 2 story beach house will be under water...
Thursday-Friday will 'tell the tale' for sure. Prepare, but dont worry yourself until then. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Baldman said:
Yeah, it is a PITA to 'pick up the pieces', but the magnificance of what it is (beauty, power, magnitude)...that is all worth it. Once you have been through one, there is no other natural occurance that comes close.

p.s. Ever been so close to lightning that you were temporarily blinded? Shortly after...three houses down from me an inferno of fire began, totally anihilating the families home (while they were on vacation). :(
I will have to agree on beauty, power , and magnitude. Nature can kick some serious ass. Don't care to get that personal with lighting though.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I don't know about you guys, but category 5 scares me. 3 and under I don't really care about, but 4 or 5 is something different. I remember seeing the aftermath of Hurricane Georges in Miami and in the Keys and that was only a 4.

Brandon

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
We only had Hurricane Floyd brush us and we had roads that were gone here on the beach front :(, its a beautiful storm, reason to get wasted with your friends, and fun when its no where near your house...

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This thing is tracking further and further West - expect it to hit Homestead before all is said and done. :mad: I want a freaking hurricane delivered to my house!!! SOB! :angry

·
$460 gets a Japbike
676 Posts
Well I'm going to the Bahamas the first week of October, that sucker better move alot further north and not spoil my vacation. :a2

·
Registered
109 Posts
UK_R6 said:
Well I'm going to the Bahamas the first week of October, that sucker better move alot further north and not spoil my vacation. :a2

Your vacation? Heh, nice priorities. I hope it misses land completely, but a las, that does not appear to be the case. We are still recouping from Charley, all the chopped up lumber being picked up? Heh, talk about missles in 80-150 mph wind.

All the weak structures being repaired? All the trees, signs, houses that were weakened by charley...

Sorry if I do not give a rats ass about a vacation, more concerned with peoples actual lives and possessions. You remember Andrew? People could not find their way home because there were no landmarks left. Just pavement. No street signs, no stop signs, no 7/11 on the corner, no blockbuster, no houses, no bill boards, etc. Total devestation.

What about the people who have already filed a claim with an insurance company. Lets, see, you have a 200k house with a 2 or 5% deductible
thats either 4000 or 10000 deductible you have to go through for 1 claim. Guess what, another hurricane would be considered a 2nd claim with another deductible. Fun, right?

:fu Frances....

1 - 20 of 42 Posts