Sport Bikes banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Who here rides a Japanese Cruiser also???

Hey everybody. I'm in the market for a Jap cruiser to add to the garage. I just want something a little more comfy for the longer trips (I ride with my dad who is a long distance harley guy). So my question for you guys is........ What kind of cruiser do you ride, and if you could, name some advantages, disadvantages of the bike you are riding. I'm not sure which one I want to get, so if you guys could help me out, I would sure appreciate it. Thanks in advance. :cheers

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
I seen a guy tpowing his pair of CBR's with his Goldwing to bike week. Get a Gold Wing, it can tow your other bike :)

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Juggalo said:
I seen a guy tpowing his pair of CBR's with his Goldwing to bike week. Get a Gold Wing, it can tow your other bike :)
Those things are just too damn big. I'm thinking like a shadow, vtx, something along those lines.

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
ive ridden a shadow did not like it at all too raked out felt like I had no control of the bike. Plus if your dad rides a harley and you are going to get a japenese bike dont get one that totally ripped a harley design like the shadow. I sat on a Valyrie once it was comfy and had a V6

·
~ Master Technician ~
2,176 Posts
Go check out the mighty V-Max. It will be quicker than your CBR F2 in the straights. There is a reason this bike gets "Muscle Bike of the Year" every year since 1985......it has tons of torque and large amount of horsepower.

·
Ride Naked
3,324 Posts
If I could afford one as a second bike, I'd be going after the Kawi Vulcan 2000... TWO LITRE V-TWIN BABY!!! :banana

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
I have a VTX 1800c.It's fast,it corners,it looks good and..............it's freaken heavy.

Onr more thing.A 1800cc bike is not the cheapest thing to insure.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
alaska cajun said:
I have a VTX 1800c.It's fast,it corners,it looks good and..............it's freaken heavy.

Onr more thing.A 1800cc bike is not the cheapest thing to insure.
That thing looks bad ass. Is it comfortable though? How about riding two up?

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
adamf2 said:
That thing looks bad ass. Is it comfortable though? How about riding two up?
Thanks(click it)
It cost around $28,000 to make it look like that.When I started working on it,it was a new modle and you could'nt buy aftermarket parts for it.Most every thing on it that is not stock is handmade.

That seat for me is not comfortable me on a long ride(Corbin Young Gun).the stock one suites me better but does not look as nice.I've ridden as much as 400 miles in a day on it and felt fine after.

I don't know about 2 up as I've never ridden any one on it.

Click here to find out more about the VTX.

www.vtxoa.com

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
One of our SBN members(Grashopr) built this one for someone else,a VTX 1800c as well.

Attachments

·
Gonna go far on my GSX-R!
2,238 Posts
my dads got a 02 honda shadow spirit 750 and I love that thing. corners really nice and is actually pretty quick

·
Registered
535 Posts
my dad has an 04 volusia 800, he swears by that thing. sounds great and is hella comfy. go for an 05 though, the new boulevard series of it is fuel injected, the 04's weren't...

·
Registered
556 Posts
I ride a Nighthawk. I love the damn thing. The engine is bulletproof, it's incredibly comfortable, it goes anywhere & does anything. Ok, it's only a 750, but I LOVE IT! And I even like the way it looks:

The BF had a Magna for a few years, put a crapload of miles on it. He swears by them for cruisers. Now he rides a BMW, which is also a seriously comfortable ride for long trips & 2 up.

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
A buddy of mine has a VTX 1300 that I've put about 20 miles on.

Thing rides good, handles good, looks good, etc. Super comfy (for what little i road it), and aftermarket is getting pretty huge for the VTX's (of any size). Overall, I like the bike and my ONLY complaint is the jacking effect the shaft drive makes....tho this is a minor complaint. No chain maintenence is well worth any side effects of shaft drive.

Previous to that bike, he had a 750 Shadow that I put about 100 miles on. Another nice bike that I thought was super comfy. Much lighter than his VTX as well, but with much less power (but not weak by any means). Would do 100mph+, comfy for one up riding, not terrible for 2 up, good gas mileage (he reported 55 - 60mph). VTX is a better overall bike, but this one isn't bad either.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm thinking maybe a shadow. My buddy used to have one, and he seemed to love the damn thing. I think the only reason he got rid of it is because the lucky bastard won a brand new Harley Softail from a single raffle ticket. Whatever I buy, it's gonna have to be a used one. I am going to sell my boat for like 3-4k and just pick up somebodies older one. Those VTX's look sick as hell, but I really don't want to be financing anything.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Anybody want to buy a boat? It's a 19' closed bow inboard 302. The son of a bitch is going to haul ass once I get the motor in it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts