Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i can get a dainese laguna seca pro p. 1 piece suit for $500 in excellent condition, hardly used...

now i don't track so i am thinking why get it...but i do twisties and canyons here in socal...

so guys, should i or shouldn't i?....i am so :confused:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks flboarder...i already have a 2 piece that is more practical and convenient...

i guess the price is so good that i can't pass it up and it will be good for posing and give me added protection...:D

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I wear a one piece and haven't done a track day yet. To me 2 pieces just aren't as "good" as 1 pieces. Take that how ever you want.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so guys, do you ever go to a cafe, store, etc., in a 1 piece?...how weird does it get?...

·
King of the Hopeless
1,132 Posts
I always wear a one piece on track or off. You just get used to it and then nothing else makes you feel protected.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I one piece, never tracked. I've worn it into a little restaurant type of deal once, you know the one on ortega that overlooks lake elsinore. Not a big deal there, just bikers. Wouldn't wear it if I was going to the store or movies though.

·
Pit Bike Legend
3,339 Posts
I used to have a 2 piece and held onto it after getting my 1-piece thinking that I'd wear it for some trips. After not using it for 3 years I finally just got rid of it. 1 piece is the way to go for sure. Doesn't matter if you track or not, if you ride any kind of twisties you want good protection. Shit, the canyons are a lot more dangerous than the track, why wouldn't you want the best gear possible?

·
Mediocre Strafer
9,137 Posts
The question is: Do you like Starbucks? ;)

I would never get a one-piece suit unless I were doing a lot of "serious" trackdays, and probably not even then. That's a great price, and I might be tempted IF, and only if, the suit fit me *perfectly*.

Two-piece is much handier for street use, and a lot easier to get a good fit by mixing/matching bottoms and tops.

To Dallas' point, "better" is fine, but I've literally NEVER seen a crash report talking about injury from a full-zip suit coming apart. Presumably it can happen, but I don't see grounds for thinking one-piece is better from a safety perspective.

Yeah, yeah, pro racers all use one-piece - different requirements. They have to be able to move around on the bike with as little extra drag/bulk as possible. They spend *days* in their suits. And they are custom tailored for each rider. That's not what you are describing as your scenario.

KeS

·
Registered
280 Posts
Not only do I feel the most safe in a one piece suit, it's also the most comfortable to ride in. I feel that I get the most freedom of movement over my leather jacket/pants combo. The only issue is the weather. If it's too cold, I can't wear it.

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts

I would never get a one-piece suit unless I were doing a lot of "serious" trackdays, and probably not even then. That's a great price, and I might be tempted IF, and only if, the suit fit me *perfectly*.

Two-piece is much handier for street use, and a lot easier to get a good fit by mixing/matching bottoms and tops.

To Dallas' point, "better" is fine, but I've literally NEVER seen a crash report talking about injury from a full-zip suit coming apart. Presumably it can happen, but I don't see grounds for thinking one-piece is better from a safety perspective.

Yeah, yeah, pro racers all use one-piece - different requirements. They have to be able to move around on the bike with as little extra drag/bulk as possible. They spend *days* in their suits. And they are custom tailored for each rider. That's not what you are describing as your scenario.

KeS
I mostly agree with this. I had a one piece and I used it on the street- but I am most of the the gear all the time kind of person (like running to the gym- might sub out jeans or whatever but mostly it's full gear) and if you don't have real commuting gear- then you wear your leathers and a one piece is ridiculous to commute in.

I use my two piece all the time- even to commute to work in- it's safer than my textile rig- because I don't have proper textile pants.

two piece suits just look lame.
so says you- mine looks really good.

if you are doing a lot of heavy canyon riding then yeah a 1 piece is perfectly acceptable- I use mine to go on group rides in the mountains.

·
Registered
15,272 Posts
Lots of folks I ride with in the mountains wear 1 piece suits, and may or may not track

I just did a 2 piece custom fit, but frankly I'm not seeing much advantage over a 1 piece

The waist is very very high, almost to my ribs. So the pants will look ridiculous without the jacket. I can't mix and match with other gear I own.

Now, while on the bike, the high waist rocks, - it puts the bulky area up high enough it doesn't crunch your stomache and become uncomfortable

The fit is very snug, and comfortable on the bike. I really feel protected, my other gear is loose enough and moves around enough I got some skin burns from it moving during crashes. Nothing severe, but I felt and could see the burns on elbows and knees

That same tight fit makes it fun to get in and out of, takes a little practice, and sucks for standing around for a long time.

For a street suit, I may specify a lower waistline and looser fit for my next one.

Custom made suit and gloves from

Hazardous Racing

standard from $529, custom from $649

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
If you want it, get it. You don't need to be a track day junkie to own and wear a 1 piece suit. Nothing wrong with being safe!

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
I love the bio-hazard on that thing- it's wicked.

Looks great.

I have a hard time with the high waist thing- i need it to reduce bulk- but it makes me VERY uncomfortable with how the zippers tend to flex- I need one mid rise- but low rise- those damn things hurt because they just sit on my hip- they aren't held up by shape- they are held up simply because the belt isn't big enough to go over the hip and then I have what 20 lbs of leather hanging off them. It's miserable for long rides. barf.

Reactions: F4sSprintST

·
Cheap Bastid
6,366 Posts
it will be good for posing and give me added protection...:D
1pc vs a comparable 2pc (WITH a quality full circumference zipper stiched into the leather), there's really not all that much difference in protection. Chances of injury occurring because the two pieces separated is extremely slim if the zipper is well constructed.

KeS
Completely agree. If I were in the market for a street suit right now, I'd go 2pc for added convenience & comfort.
1pc can be a little awkward when walking around and they're typically cut for a more agressive seating position than a comparable 2pc version.

I do love my 1pc Dainese Redline with the double chest zips, though. WAY more comfortable when walking around than my old single zip.
No more showing off my "camel humps", crotch adjustments or singing soprano while walkin around. :D

·
Registered
245 Posts
Rocked a two piece and onesey both on street and track, I.prefer the onesey. To me a one piece just moves better mostly because there is no zipper conecting top amd bottom. Dont get me wrong a two piece will work just fine, I tested mine a few years back big time. Get the suit wear it a few times if your not sold then eBay it for a profit because your getting it so cheap.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts