Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today while riding i got stung 4 times 1 in the neck .
the others went down my riding coat then it went hey wire with stinging me
i was almost home it that sucks when it happens

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
Never by a wasp. That has to suck.

·
Registered
11,370 Posts
I didnt think people were actually serious about wearing a helmet because of insect stings haha. That must suck... what are the odds. 4 times in the neck?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im just glad i was not going to fast i just unziped the cout while riding and lift the front of my shirt and it flue out

once in the neck the rest in the chest and stomeck

·
Registered
155 Posts
never been stung. I've had what I think was oen of the chunky bumble bees hit me in the eye with my visor up, but it didn't sting me.

We've got some big bugs around here, every now and then I take one to the adams apple and it hurts like hell.

·
Are we not men?
9,017 Posts
Had a wasp get inside the neck of my old jacket when I first got it. Little bastard naild me in the neck then slid down my back, stinging repeatedly. Luckily, I was on a rural road with no traffic, and was able to stop quickly to get the jacket off and wasp out. Wow did that get the adrenaline flowing. Nearly puked!

Last weekend, my wife got stung in the shoulder while riding her bike. She had her mesh jacket on at the time. Left a nice welt for a couple of hours.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've been stung before too, the wasp got in my jacket sleeve and stung my arm a few times, i ended up having a reaction and got cellulitis, my forearm/hand swelled up so bad i couldn't move it and turned bright red. I ended up have to go back to the ER for 3 days in a row to get antibiotics through an IV drip to get the swelling to finally go down. It was pretty crazy trying to ride to the hospital on the bike with my hand looking like a balloon.

·
Invicible for 170M years
2,293 Posts
Once on the cheek while riding. It's tough because you don't want to go crazy and crash, but at the same time there's this organism sitting there and painfully stinging you.

I used to be into Entomology when I was younger (collecting insects) and came across a large yellowjacket nest by accident. Got stung something like 11-13 times but nothing really happened other than some bumps so I never had to go to the hospital or anything.

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
I got stung once right where my helmet meets my neck. The bad thing about it I was leaned over in a turn at a good clip when it happened. OUCH!

·
King of Oilernation
1,237 Posts
Do yourself a favor a don't ride during a thunderstorm.

·
Registered
22 Posts
As a general rule wasp stings dont cause allergic reactions but are really painful for the first 30 minutes or so after the sting happens. Sorry to hear that you got stung 4 times, now that would really throb!! OUCH!!

·
Theres no I in threesome
6,118 Posts
Never a wasp, but I got hit by a huge ass beetle flying around. I was doing about 75 and it got me right on the neck. Felt like a friggin rock, only creepier.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Happens to me a couple of times a season. I guess I hit them but don't kill them and they crawl on me. I got stung on the back of the neck last week twice. I don't know what it was, but it sure had my neck sore for the ride home. It always seems to happen in the most rural areas. I'm glad I'm not allergic to much of anything, and definately not bees/wasps!

When I was a young child I went stomping down a deck and got stung 37 times (as counted by my grandfather) and then he spit his tobacco all over me trying to kill the poison????? Bad memory!!

·
Super Moderator
4,659 Posts
Got stung in the leg twice in one day, back in my short-wearing-squid days.

·
Registered
5 Posts
damn!!

that's something i have to think about while riding now. i got stung by a wasp like two weeks ago and that was some serious sh)t. i was just moving some things in my backyard and got stung. i had some sort of reaction to it that caused irregular breathing and i got really, really bad hives on my upper body. doctor said if i got stung multiple times i could of have died. but eff it im still gonna ride.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I was stung 3 times in the stomach once as I was turning a corner. It realy sucks trying to ride with one hand around a corner while smacking yourself with the other.

The best (WORST) one I had was two years ago. I turned into a subdivision so I put my visor up because I was only doing about 5 miles an hour. As soon as I put it up I had something sting me in the eyelid. I don't know what it was but it was like a jack hammer. I almost fell off the bike trying to stop. A nice lady who saw what happened gave me an ice pack which kept my eye from swelling completely shut. That was the most pain I have ever felt in my life and it actully hurt to touch it for a month.

Getting stung while riding SUCKS!

·
Registered
297 Posts
got hit by SOMETHING a couple months ago going to work. had to just miss my helmet and got me in the throat at about 50mph. after about 1 minute i seriously thought that i had been shot in the throat. kept feeling for blood.
got to work and in the changehouse told a co-worker about it he looked and said there was a stinger sticking out of my neck. did hurt like hell.
later
Michael

1 - 20 of 24 Posts