Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wanted to see who all chews/dips snuff? anyone tried skoal apple? ive been thinkin bout trying it(just curious) but i know it's gonna be a waste of money. its probably as girly as berry blend and vanilla. anyone who chews, how long you been chewing, and whats your brand of choice?

5+ years, and ive chewed everything pretty much. i rotate flavors every couple months, currently on skoal straight long cut.

·
Registered
346 Posts
been doing it for about 3 years now. don't do it all the time, but when i get a tin it's normally gone in about a day. right now i have some skoal berry blend (which sucks my balls but it was free) and a brand called timber wolf. I like the mint and it's about half the price of skoal. as soon as these are done i want to try to the apple blend, heard it was pretty good.

·
Registered
691 Posts
The skoal apple is good for a dip here and there but it isn't something I could just chew all the time. I chewed skoal for about 2 years, all the different flavors, and now about 8 years of copenhagen.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I chew gum & that is as far as I will go. Besides when riding it keeps my mouth moist. LOL

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
I'm pretty much disgusted away from doing that. I did chew before but not for long. Then a few laters, being in the military alot of guys (and some gals) dipped. One day a buddy of mine had his cup down next to someone who was dipping in the exact style cup...picked up the wrong cup and.. :barf plus along with having to clean it up alot..and the fact it sticks in your teeth...no thanks

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rascus said:
I'm pretty much disgusted away from doing that. I did chew before but not for long. Then a few laters, being in the military alot of guys (and some gals) dipped. One day a buddy of mine had his cup down next to someone who was dipping in the exact style cup...picked up the wrong cup and.. :barf plus along with having to clean it up alot..and the fact it sticks in your teeth...no thanks
yeh ive took a sip of a couple spitters, it happens. its happened a couple times and most of the times ive been able to realize before i swallowed it, but it sucks. lol

·
My bike won't turn?!!??
216 Posts
Started out on Kodiak when I was about 14, moved to Copenhagen about 2 years ago. Getting too expensive so I may resort to Grizzly. Hard to believe 2 cans of Grizzly still being cheaper than one can of Cope.

·
Registered
317 Posts
i tried dippin like 7 years ago...i was absolutely trashed and threw in a dip of cope...yikes! i chewed for about amonth and then skoal cherry about my made fucking vomit on the river one afternoon...never chewed again...

·
My bike won't turn?!!??
216 Posts
dbo said:
i tried dippin like 7 years ago...i was absolutely trashed and threw in a dip of cope...yikes! i chewed for about amonth and then skoal cherry about my made fucking vomit on the river one afternoon...never chewed again...
I vomit if I smell Skoal Cherry, dry heaves that is. I also get dry heaves from smelling Kodiak even though I dipped it for a few years.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeh the mint flavors make me dry heave. i resorted to grizzly and timberwolf a couple months ago, but found that grizzly was horrible. timberwolf wasnt that bad and still pretty cheap. recently ive been buying cans of skoal straight cuz i get coupons at giant eagle. :flipa

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Yep,since I was 12 and I'm 40 now.

Used to be Skoal fine cut but that stuff is $7 a can up here.So it's the grizzly now at $1.89.That still adds up at 2 cans a day.

·
Jerk
990 Posts
On and off for 4 years. Skoal Apple is nice, smells like Jolly Ranchers, doesn't have that signature "dip" smell to it. Don't know if i'd like it everyday though. I do mint, wintergreen, or straight mainly. Skoal is my favorite followed by Cope, Wolf, then Rooster. The Wolf would rank higher if it came a bit moister, compared to Skoal and Cope the tins "dry out" faster leaving a sloppy dry last pinch. Just got a free can of Cope pouches, so i'm going to try them out after I run through my current sleeve and a half of Wolf (thank you NASCAR, got 2 sleeves for free at the track). Saw an ad today at a gas station for Grizzly (I think) for something like $1.89 a tin. Anyone ever tried it?

Tom.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Skoal long cut mint for a couple years. Tried Kodiak & Timberwolf, disappointing. Went back to Skoal. Haven't dipped for 4-5 years.

·
Registered
346 Posts
mr_druid said:
On and off for 4 years. Skoal Apple is nice, smells like Jolly Ranchers, doesn't have that signature "dip" smell to it. Don't know if i'd like it everyday though. I do mint, wintergreen, or straight mainly. Skoal is my favorite followed by Cope, Wolf, then Rooster. The Wolf would rank higher if it came a bit moister, compared to Skoal and Cope the tins "dry out" faster leaving a sloppy dry last pinch. Just got a free can of Cope pouches, so i'm going to try them out after I run through my current sleeve and a half of Wolf (thank you NASCAR, got 2 sleeves for free at the track). Saw an ad today at a gas station for Grizzly (I think) for something like $1.89 a tin. Anyone ever tried it?

Tom.
For being as cheap as it is, Grizzly is pretty good. I have timber wolf right now cause its only like $2.50, but like you said it dries up quick. I dont remember what brand it was i tried once but it wasnt all cut up, it came it like little nuggets. Maybe Rooster? anyone know?

·
Sub-Zero
922 Posts
i think id just stick to smoking pot.. then dipping. lol

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
timber wolf straight long cut about 10 years. If you like skoal straight try timber wolf they are both made at pinkerton tobacco company. So they are the same taste just wolf is half the price

1 - 20 of 25 Posts