Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some are skeptical and some thought it would be great, i saw it last night and it was a very funny movie, Shawn and Marlon did a great job as women and brought comedy to it, it was great and I would reccomend it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,239 Posts
You know, I've seen too may bad movies by the Wayans (sp) brother's. I doubt I will be seeing this one. Maybe it's just me, but I don't get their brand of humor.

Glad you liked it though.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
436 Posts
Hmm.. wonder how it would fly if a movie called "Black Chicks" with white guys acting like black chicks, oops, that would be racist.

/end_rant
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,018 Posts
OMG this movie was hilarious---saw it on Friday and was laughing so hard my stomach hurt.

I love how they portray the typical white bread girls!!!! very funny LOL
 

·
Valiant Poultry
Joined
·
15,151 Posts
Yup, gonna be passing on this one.

If people stop paying to see them, they'll stoping making movies like this.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,018 Posts
c'mon guys lighten up a bit....just watch it when it comes out on DVD...it's not the regular white girl they make fun of--it's the stereotypical type of dumb high society white bread girls.

OH BTW--I am white!!!! well half white anyway but NOT white bread!!! :D
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
12 Posts
codenoid said:
Hmm.. wonder how it would fly if a movie called "Black Chicks" with white guys acting like black chicks, oops, that would be racist.

/end_rant

Agreed...I will not be seeing the movie on the fact that black people trying to be white is not funny.

Another question, when black people try to act white. are they acting white or just educated and civil???
 

·
Valiant Poultry
Joined
·
15,151 Posts
Another question, when black people try to act white. are they acting white or just educated and civil???

Ooooohhhh...that's gonna start something if the right people see it. I'll watch in the wings and wait on this one, it might get good.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,266 Posts
I doubt I'll bother seeing this one. I agree that if the races were reversed, jesse jackson, sharpton, the NAACP, the ACLU, the Southern Poverty yahoos, ALL would be throwing massive hissy fits and denouncing anyone that saw it as a de facto klansman. They'd boycott the theaters and studios until someone cashed in a few million in lawsuits. Then go on to tell us how evil all white people are for even thinking of such a movie.
But it's okay when the roles are reversed.
Not even that I'd be offended by the film. I've got a thicker skin than that. But the double standard is so painfully blatant, I just can't see myself actually supporting it with my money. I wouldn't go to a racist movie if white folks made it, I sure ain't going to one black people made.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
436 Posts
TheSollyLama said:
I doubt I'll bother seeing this one. I agree that if the races were reversed, jesse jackson, sharpton, the NAACP, the ACLU, the Southern Poverty yahoos, ALL would be throwing massive hissy fits and denouncing anyone that saw it as a de facto klansman. They'd boycott the theaters and studios until someone cashed in a few million in lawsuits. Then go on to tell us how evil all white people are for even thinking of such a movie.
But it's okay when the roles are reversed.
Not even that I'd be offended by the film. I've got a thicker skin than that. But the double standard is so painfully blatant, I just can't see myself actually supporting it with my money. I wouldn't go to a racist movie if white folks made it, I sure ain't going to one black people made.
Preach it brother. I remember bringing a point up in my American Government class in the topic of discrimination, specifically minority scholarships. How is saying you must be this particular color of skin to be applicable to ANYTHING equal treatment.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
436 Posts
RSixxygrl said:
c'mon guys lighten up a bit....just watch it when it comes out on DVD...it's not the regular white girl they make fun of--it's the stereotypical type of dumb high society white bread girls.

OH BTW--I am white!!!! well half white anyway but NOT white bread!!! :D
Well, they made a film making fun of the stereotypical type of dumb high society white bread girls. They're probably ditsy, go out shopping a lot, yak on the phone, real prissy, sluts?, etc.

How about we make a movie about the stereotypical black female, thats fair right? I wasnt sure if my idea of a stereotypical black female was right on, so looking at an artical at tolerance.org of a black female protesting how she feels she is categorized. I'd say a movie with a comedian like Jim Carey as a loud mouth, lower class, multiple children out of wedlock with no father, on welfare, quick to use plenty of profanity black female would pretty much outrage black women. Now what makes this "white chicks" movie not equally as offensive?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Heck if a movie like that was made with Jim Carey I wouldn't hesitate to see it as long as it looked funny. I can't tell you why certain movies about race would be funnier than others but there aren't many that can.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,018 Posts
codenoid said:
Well, they made a film making fun of the stereotypical type of dumb high society white bread girls. They're probably ditsy, go out shopping a lot, yak on the phone, real prissy, sluts?, etc.

How about we make a movie about the stereotypical black female, thats fair right? I wasnt sure if my idea of a stereotypical black female was right on, so looking at an artical at tolerance.org of a black female protesting how she feels she is categorized. I'd say a movie with a comedian like Jim Carey as a loud mouth, lower class, multiple children out of wedlock with no father, on welfare, quick to use plenty of profanity black female would pretty much outrage black women. Now what makes this "white chicks" movie not equally as offensive?

I don't want to get all political--since this is not the forum for it--it's a movie..period. Obviously you are quite offended by it--that's your opinion.

I like Andrew Dice Clay too and he totally stereotypes women to no end! It's humor that's the way I look at it and sometimes one needs to just sit back and relax and just....laugh!!! The world is too serious today and life is too short to be constantly offended by things...just my opinion.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
102 Posts
The movie is funny. Don't get so worked up over whatever....Go see it. I mean it has lots of fart jokes....everyone likes those.
 

·
Valiant Poultry
Joined
·
15,151 Posts
^^^

Not everyone. Everything about this movie looks completely lame to me. I will NOT go see it, I will NOT get it on DVD, I will NOT even watch it when it comes on TV.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
436 Posts
I'm not really offended, havent seen it. I just think it's bullshit. If the movie was titled BLACK CHICKS, HISPANIC CHICKS, or ASIAN CHICKS, there would be all this controversy. I just saw some black interviewed on the news said things like this are such a step backwards in society, and its just as wrong for a movie of blacks making fun of whites, as white making fun of blacks.
 
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Top