Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I got a crack out of this a few days ago:

While running radar (ducking flames) I clocked a guy running 78 mph in a 50 mph zone in a pick up truck. I stop him and go through the routine of license, registration and insurance. The guy explained he was in a hurry to some legal paperwork to his wife that had to be there at a certain time. I had fully intended on giving the guy a ticket for speeding but I was in a good mood and devised a plan. When I approached the vehicle I had to hide my laghing but I pulled myself together and said in my most serious cop tone" Sir, I do not give butt chewings AND citations...at this time I am giving you the option as to which you get, the lecture for speeding or the ticket"? The guy sat there for about 30 secs. trying to figure out if I was kidding him or not. Finally he said he would take the lecture. So I gave him the short 3 minute lecture and afterwards I bid him a good day and layghed all the way back to my patrol car. Now here is the question....which would you have chosen???

·
SBN Rookie ;-)
686 Posts
Lecture. The cop gets his power trip and I get off scot free. Win-win. Ive heard enough BS, 3 more mins aint gonna wreck my day. :)

·
20,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kaiser Soze said:
Lecture. The cop gets his power trip and I get off scot free. Win-win. Ive heard enough BS, 3 more mins aint gonna wreck my day. :)

Same with the officer giving the lecture! :eek:nfloor

·
20,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TTsixxer said:
Lecture, the ticket would probablt take longer than 3 minutes anyways.

You are probably right, takes me on the average 5 mins to write a citation but we have the tickets that you have to fill in every damn blank....LOL

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'd take the ticket, then tell him I know where he lives...slap him across the face and slam my door into his gut. Then throw it in reverse, wrecking his cruiser. Jump out and drop kick him in his head. Then I'd steal his radio, get on it and tell them to send back up, STAT!! An officer is down and seriously gettin' his @ss kicked. Then I'd whip him across his face with the antenna on his radio, all the while making fat jokes and laughing like a lunatic.

No, not really, but that's probably what that guy was rehearsing in his mind during that 30 second pause.

I'd take the lecture, but would make sure to grab a pencil and paper and take notes, maybe I could get some smokey points for being a good student. :phatyo

·
20,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
highfigh said:
I'd take the ticket, then tell him I know where he lives...slap him across the face and slam my door into his gut. Then throw it in reverse, wrecking his cruiser. Jump out and drop kick him in his head. Then I'd steal his radio, get on it and tell them to send back up, STAT!! An officer is down and seriously gettin' his @ss kicked. Then I'd whip him across his face with the antenna on his radio, all the while making fat jokes and laughing like a lunatic.

No, not really, but that's probably what that guy was rehearsing in his mind during that 30 second pause.

I'd take the lecture, but would make sure to grab a pencil and paper and take notes, maybe I could get some smokey points for being a good student. :phatyo

:eek:nfloor :eek:nfloor :eek:nfloor
Now that's funny!!! But probably accurate.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
I would go for the lecture

·
Registered
436 Posts
Hard decision :rolleyes

78 in a 50 = big $$

3 min lecture :popcorn about what a dumbass the guy is for recklesslly speeding :bitchslap = free!

Did you ever want to try the "meow" stop like in Super Troopers?

·
Registered
102 Posts
MnM said:
Hard decision :rolleyes

78 in a 50 = big $$

3 min lecture :popcorn about what a dumbass the guy is for recklesslly speeding :bitchslap = free!

Did you ever want to try the "meow" stop like in Super Troopers?
"eh excuse me, are you saying meow?"

Lol, good stuff. So do you ever mess with people, like tell them they were driving without working headlights at night, then when they say "what, they're both working I can see them" ...then you take your night stick and smash them out. Have ya done that? That would be funny. :lao

Or do you ever laugh when your in a, say, 55mph zone setting a speed trap. And people see you and slow down to 45. I mean, what the crap is up with that? Do they think they'll get points deducted if they are clocked under the speed limit? Gives me a bad case of the road rage some times.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
I'll take lecture any day.

·
V-twin anyone?
2,161 Posts
Dude, if an officer ever gave me that option, I'd crack up laughing!

You're a good man. Sometimes, the cost of a ticket can drive people to hunger.

·
Autobots! Roll Out!
2,061 Posts
I'd of thought about it, like "wtf". I dunno, fighting a speeding ticket could of been fun :lao.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I'd take the lecture and wonder the whole time if the cop giving me the lecture has ever gone 78 in a 50 when he was off duty. And then would go on to have a wonderful day knowing that my insurance rates wouldn't be going up.

·
Registered
52 Posts
OFFICER737 being a truck driver i never get that lucky so im gonna im glad you are out there and i hope when im late for my delivery Appointment that you are in still in that good mood

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
That's a pretty sweet deal, I've been let off almost every time I'e been pulled for speeding... save that one time :D Cop was hiding behind a huge sign right before you get to the DMV/Highway patrol station... Most cops I've been pulled by didn't really chew me out, just gave me a subtle warning... except when I got pulled over on my ninja... I accellerated up to 65 (in a 45) from a stoplight with a cop RIGHT behind me that apparently I didn't see. He wasn't too happy. His radio wouldn't shut up while he was talking to me though so he had to leave haha. I got lucky there. Officer, you're a nice guy I take it, and you really should do the MEOW thing, that's hilarious!!

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Meow know I fast I was going? Meow take the lecture I think. The ticket would cost me meow insurance points and maybe a meow license suspension... meow!

1 - 20 of 59 Posts